Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

Discuss socket and see part p kit in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. robbalaar86

robbalaar86 Guest

Ok guys I've been offered a socket and see part p kit for 150 quid I need it to gain registration to stroma are they useful or not worth it? Appreciate your thoughts

2. Archy Styrigg

Archy Styrigg Electrician's Arms

3. robbalaar86

robbalaar86 Guest

Kind of mate it's a set though PDRC 380 Rcd tester

PDL 300 Loop tester

DIT 400 Insulation continuity tester
    Just wondered if they were any good

4. oldtimer

oldtimer Trusted Advisor

These are issued to BG guys were they either get a red fail or green pass led for a Ze but me thinks you need a tester that gives you a reading I think Metrel does a budget tester

• Like Like x 1
  5. robbalaar86

robbalaar86 Guest

Thanks for that info mate ill look a little deeper into it before I part with my cash

6. oldtimer

oldtimer Trusted Advisor

Look at the site sponsor you can get a Metrel multi tester for £335 plus vat and dont get caught up with brand names because like Trigger says "Look after your broom.................."

• Like Like x 2
  7. robbalaar86

robbalaar86 Guest

The only thing is money is tight but I will do a bit more research into what's best for my pocket and career. Cheers for the help mate

8. oldtimer

oldtimer Trusted Advisor

Listen this is not a lecture here but being stingy on your tester will only cause you grief down the road if you can spend £400 on a new I phone then get a decent tester if not then your approach to this trade will not benefit you

• Like Like x 2
  9. robbalaar86

robbalaar86 Guest

I appreciate any advice mate especially if a slap round the face is needed I'm not one for expensive phones I have a contract that's the only reason I have an iphone. I am looking at a megger mft 1552 now second hand but 12 month calibration cert with it. Cheers for the advice

10. telectrix

telectrix Scouser and Proud of It Trusted Advisor

Business Name:
    Telectrix

best tester ever made IMO.dead esy to use. how much is it?

11. robbalaar86

robbalaar86 Guest

It's 250 mate how much do you think it's worth?

12. telectrix

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    £250 and calibrated. snap his hand off. only thing i don't like about the megger is the case. mine's been transferred to a flight case with plenty of space for leads etc.

• Like Like x 1
  13. oldtimer

oldtimer Trusted Advisor

Yep the case is pants thats why I carry my Megger 1553 around in a Fluke carry case cost me £28 and worth every penny told the Megger rep but he did not get it as for the old megger case its free to anyone who pays the postage

14. telectrix

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    i use my old megger case for my smaller test gear.

15. oldtimer

oldtimer Trusted Advisor

I refuse to use it as it bangs against my leg as I go upstairs plus the Fluke case looks and is the biz as you can store all of your lead without having to tuck them in unlike the Megger box it also holds a lot of my nick knacks leads etc plus you can use it as a seat at the CU and its good to carry.

Still Megger rep not happy that I have a 1553 in a bright yellow Fluke case with FLUKE emblazed on both sides lol