Discuss socket and switch heights in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

M

multicore

Hi all, i'm new to the forum but would like to get a thread going. I,m wondering if the minimum 450mm maximum1200mm heights have changed recently if so what are they also has there been a change to the 350mm from internal wall for sockets?

Thanks

:confused:

Nope 450-1200mm is still the Height requirements just passed the 17th Edition yesterday so thats my proof lol

Think that App Doc M only applies to new builds, when adding sockets or moving switches etc in existing installations I either put them at the same height as the existing accessories or where the customer wants them.

When doing extensions or loft conversions tend to go for the M heights unless customer says different, after all they are going to be using the accessories and as far as I am concerned if they are paying they have them at whatever height they would like (within reason of course).

Regards WA

Well done john , as has been said you can put sockets at any height between 450 and 1200 and switches no higher than 1200 ,but for new builds , i have installed them at the new heights on some rewires where walls have been chased

it's quite a good height actally. my knee is just 450mm, and my left nipple is 1200mm. no need for a tape measure

BTW congrats on passing your regs John, forgot to put that in my OP.

Got to stop drinking Guinness so early.

Regards WA

Cheers guys I gotta say that the exam questions were a hell of a lot easier than the past paper questions but passing it has booked my place to do the 2392 after christmas

Reply to socket and switch heights in the Industrial Electrician Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock