Discuss Socket height in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

drew35

Ok I have a barn conversion where the sockets and isolators have to be 450mm-1200mm, but the customer wants some floor sockets. Which by my poor grasp of math puts them 450mm below the minimum. The alternative is a wall socket and 5m of trailing leads to get to the middle of a room, which isn't really very safe is it?

So what does one do?

What about a floor socket with a label saying "Not to be used by anybody challenged in anyway, too tall, too short, to ugly, restricted to a wheel chair etc".

Any suggestions?

neweys / citys etc all sell floor socket boxes, never had a problem from building regs putting them in, most offices have them. if the client / architect etc is funny about it put them on a dedicated curcuit and put a sticker on them for 'whatever' use only. therefore disabled height requirements no longer apply.

Reply to Socket height in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Morning All I recently completed my first re wire and board change, (with help from the owner who is a gas fitter and plumper, who works with my...
Replies
Views
I've just recently had the shell of an extension built and will be doing most of the interior except for electrics and gas. I'm planning to chase...
Replies
Views
1200mm is the max socket outlet height in new build property so what's the score with putting a socket at a height where a wall mounted tv will be...
Replies
Views
I have a 4mm2 armored cable going from the CU in the house, under the drive and into the garage. The breaker for this is a 16 amp type B. I want...
Replies
Views
Hi all , I understand that you can’t spur of off a spur , ideally adding sockets would best be done by splitting the ring and completing it...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock