Discuss socket in kitchen in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

RichardMoore

I do a lot of work for a kitchen firm and do a lot of sockets on pat tresses in cupboards. Were I need to for intregrated appliances.otherwise there buried in wall behind appliance on isolator at work top level. There solid backs not like hardboard.a customer wants a double under the sink but am reluctant to put one there but the customer wants it there what are people opinion thanks

try put it where there's the least danger of a water leak. if you think about it, any socket in the house could get wet from a burst pipe above a ceiling.

try put it where there's the least danger of a water leak. if you think about it, any socket in the house could get wet from a burst pipe above a ceiling.

Agreed - I would not have any problem installing a socket under a sink (preferably wall mounted), after all we install outlets for waste disposal etc

exactly. if wet-pants has done a half decent job of the water works, it should not leak ( we can all hope! ).

and if the circuit already has RCD protection????? come on lads, it's only a socket, fitted where water might leak. so's all accessories in the house. shower leaks-- sockets in lounge get soaked. roof leaks--aerial amp gets wet. rising damp--rigsby gets wet.

and if the circuit already has RCD protection????? come on lads, it's only a socket, fitted where water might leak. so's all accessories in the house. shower leaks-- sockets in lounge get soaked. roof leaks--aerial amp gets wet. rising damp--rigsby gets wet.

The only thing in my house guaranteed not to get "wet" is the missus!

Why? His profile says NVQ 3 Electrical contractor, he is mainly asking for opinions on what others in the trade would do, as you have seen the opinions differ from one to another.

So what??

I once had a profile that said I was a Spitfire pilot in WW2, but I've never flown a Spitfire in my life.

It was a Hawker Hurricane ....

Reply to socket in kitchen in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net