Discuss sockets on kitchen island. in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

palace dave

Hi.
Does anyone know if you are able to install a double socket to the side of a kitchen island.
Building regs say you should not fit any on kitchen units.
Dont really want to carry it out only for the inspector to say take it out.

A kitchen island in my mind can be seen as a permenant fixture. I think you'd be fine, is this socket going to be on the counter top? How you going to take power to the island?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

As long as you are fitting to a reasonably substantial cabinet and not to the flimsy 3mm harboard backing of a cabinet then this will be fine. It will conform to the guidance given in the EIT publication and on the ESC website. Building regs do not specifically forbid fitment to cabinets.

Reply to sockets on kitchen island. in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

If someone made a request to you, to install a new double socket that would be supplying power to a tumble dryer along a circuit that does not go...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'd like to move the existing socket that feeds the boiler down to where I've pencilled in that can be seen on the photo. The socket to the...
Replies
Views
DIY'er question: I have a singe switched fused spur above my kitchen counter, providing power to an undercounter fridge socket beneath it. The...
Replies
Views
I am installing a Victron Quattro in an island mode configuration (in the UK, the DNO is the NG). I will be adding a stand-by generator. My...
Replies
Views
I'll start by saying - I have absolutely no intention of doing any wiring or anything electrical myself. You get someone professional to do a...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock