Discuss Soffit lights, only problem is soffit is concrete in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

MFS Electrical

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
So was round giving a quote to install soffit lights on a house today no problem some nice IP rated downlights will do I thought, went round to see the job and to give a price and noticed the soffit is in fact made of concreteo_O anyone got any ideas of a fitting to use that won’t look daft? Saw some surface mounted downlights but can’t seem to find any decent IP rated ones that don’t cost a fortune maybe something like these?
Astro KOS Surface Mounted Downlight IP65 in Black - https://cometlighting.co.uk/by-room/living-room/wall-lights/astro-kos-surface-mounted-downlight-ip65-in-black.html
But I was really hoping for something that had a lower profile And price point ;)

I have seen AIB used as a soffit board it’s definitely not that but to be honest it could be an ACM from the ground it certainly looks like concrete because it looks like a concrete paving slab (2 inches thick)there are lots of houses round my way with a very similar looking slab type thing

Reply to Soffit lights, only problem is soffit is concrete in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I need your help please once again in tracing a fault. Am DIY but not clueless. Converting former kitchen into 2 rooms: bathroom and laundry. The...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, looking some advice on soffit lighting. I have narrowed it down to these two if anyone could give me any advice or help on which ones...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys Got new build coming up where they're wanting some low level wall lights for the staircases. Walls are : Concrete block + dot/dab...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Disclaimer: I'm not an electrician and have very basic knowledge of electrical installation. We've been putting in a new kitchen into an...
Replies
Views
Currently struggling a bit to find suitable lights to fit above a garage door on the soffit. The soffit has a solid joist/beam directly above it...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock