Discuss Soffit lights, only problem is soffit is concrete in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Can I just ask, why does your customer wish to highlight the fact that they live in a slightly undesirable house. I know everyman's home is his castle, but its not like its a des res on the Sandbanks, is it :D
Because everyone and their granny round here are getting the soffit lights put in and with a good coat of paint those houses can look superb I personally still wouldn’t buy one but everyone’s tastes are different

Don’t worry that idea was booted out my head almost as soon as I thought of it. The customer has agreed to these fitted high up on the wall as close to the soffit as possible but I really don’t know if it’s going to be the look that either myself or the customer is after...

There are better looking down lighters than that for sure.
I'm too tired to go searching now but I saw some IP65 domed ones for around £38. I'll have a look tomorrow after I've lifted my lawn (I'm multi talented see).

There are analogies like "Why shine a light in a tird?" and "The more light you throw on ----, the more it looks like ----."
But people love their homes and want to advertise that fact and show that they take pride in them.
So, if you're happy in your little pile of poo, shine a light on it. Bugger what the nay sayers say. ;)

I know but the cost of the actual fittings are a prohibitive factor as well,
I’m fixing some potholes tomorrow so hey aren’t we all clever cookies
good luck with the lawn and while it’s up why don’t you dig a tiny bit deeper and make yourself a mancave? :tearsofjoy:

There are analogies like "Why shine a light in a tird?" and "The more light you throw on ****, the more it looks like ****."
But people love their homes and want to advertise that fact and show that they take pride in them.
So, if you're happy in your little pile of poo, shine a light on it. Bugger what the nay sayers say. ;)
I don’t think the houses look like ---- to be fair well the colour maybe but still...
Plus if the customer wants a light and they are willing to pay, I’ll fit them a light and then proclaim from the top of my ladder LET THERE BE LIGHT.
kinda looks like a ball for bowls

And here are similar vintage properties on a neighbouring street

View attachment 42303

View attachment 42304
our gaff (1950's build) has almost identical concrete inserted into the outer brickwork.the soffits, however, are apparently asbestos. a closer look will show the difference in thicness, the concrete is roughly 2 ft. long, 6" in height, and 4" width.

from this angle you can clearly see the extent of the concrete. the actual soffit is only about 1/4" thick.

soffit.jpg

@OP. and the last post shows you how to focus a photo. :D:D:D.

Reply to Soffit lights, only problem is soffit is concrete in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net