Discuss Solar Century letter to David Cameron in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Good on you Jeremy. Sadly, I think that "Dave" and his cronies are unlikely to back down, as it will make them lose face. Hope you get your meeting and get to explain some of the finer points of their actions. Please let us know how you get on.

Good letter.

I'd love to be writing to the MP's, etc. but i'm too busy trying to find some bolts to match my rails, which are suitable for the anchors. which anyway won't fit on the roof because for some un-fathomable reason the first three tiles are concreted , and we need to knock the ridge and set it. But none of this matter because the 7 tonne carrying 10 panels didn't realise the road was tight and has had to go back to the depot.

I agree good letter dont know if it will do any good all the tories stick together - kick one and they all limp.

I agree good letter dont know if it will do any good all the tories stick together - kick one and they all limp.

well jezza seems a bit of a tory too imo,he's courted dave give him a glass of carva and a triangle corned beef and tomato butty off the buffet and he's been let down and is bitter as,maybe those brown envelopes were not allegedly big enough.

Greg Barker is on record as saying people had been privatley telling him the FiT was too generous, what agenda are they following and why is Gregory in their pocket and puppeting their views.

We are entitled to feel hard done by, the way it's been handled by the Goverment, 6 weeks notice makes the consulation an effing farce. The panic that has ensued was predictable and should have been mitigated by a sensible timetable. Shame on you Gregory.

Can't say i'm holding my breath for Dave to swoop in and save us. On a strategic level the UK needs 50GW of solar generation, just like Germany has now. Within 10yrs those 50GW of installed capacity will be worth every single penny. As the UK imports energy we are vulnerable to whims and fancies of middle eastern autocrats and Vlad Putin the mad russian.

Public school educated, accountant, career politicians will be the death of this country. So good luck Solar Cent, i'm rooting for you!!

we all know the FiTs needed reducing. the problem is the scale of it and the attached issues (efficiency ratings etc). I don't have a problem with the fiTS coming down to 30p. I have a problem with it coming down to 21p with minimal notice. the review board have been out for months, so why the panic to reduce it now!!!!!!!!!???????

Why should anyones electrical bill help the rich get richer? If you have 10k to waste on these then you don't need the feed in tariff to help save the planet. THE FIT is a con. End off. I've seen first hand companies ripping off customers on these, yes there may be a few companies out there that are doing things the right way and they will suvive.

Sadly the only way to motivate people on a large scale is via profit, £25 tax a year for the FiT is small beans in the great scheme of things.

Why should anyones electrical bill help the rich get richer? If you have 10k to waste on these then you don't need the feed in tariff to help save the planet. THE FIT is a con. End off. I've seen first hand companies ripping off customers on these, yes there may be a few companies out there that are doing things the right way and they will suvive.

Nonsense. The FITs add £1 to an annual electricity bill. If you don't think it's worth this hardship to help build a crucial industry then you are deluded.

I don't understand where these myths come from. First of all FITs are supposedly killing old people off in their homes and now the cuts are going to get rid of the cowboy installers and the rest of us are going to be immune from it? Nonsense.

[h=1]New power stations bring jobs to Yorkshire[/h]
[h=2]Press notice: 11/090
31 October 2011[/h]
Ministers today gave the go-ahead for two new power stations in Yorkshire that will create over 1,000 jobs and generate enough energy to power almost two million homes.
The consented plants are:
  • Ferrybridge – a 108 MW Multifuel (biomass and energy from waste) power plant in Wakefield, Yorkshire, representing an investment of £250m by SSE Generation. It is expected around 350 jobs will be created during construction; and
  • Thorpe Marsh – a 1,500 MW Combined Cycle Gas Turbine power plant in North Doncaster, Yorkshire, representing an investment of £984m by Acorn Power Developments. It expected that up to 800 jobs will be created during construction.
Charles Hendry, Minister of State for Energy, said:
“The energy industry can be a real driver of growth across the country. Some £200bn of investment is needed in the energy industry over the coming decade, representing remarkable opportunities for companies in the UK.
“These new plants in Yorkshire are a fantastic example of new power stations bringing new jobs. These decisions are a further example of our determination to clear the back-log of planning applications, to stimulate growth and enhance our energy security.”

This announcement followed on the heels later in the day!
Looks to me that the Solar industry is being killed for this, now that's lobbying muscle that unfortunatly we don't have.

1000 jobs eh, some way short of the 25000 in the solar industry. the cost of this is more than the FiTs budget, anyone know how much Pv capacity is currently installed? would make an interesting price comparisson

Reply to Solar Century letter to David Cameron in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock