Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

Discuss Solar eclipse tomorrow in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Des 56

Des 56 Trusted Advisor

That very rare event can be witnessed starting from 8-30 ish and the most cover at 9-30 ish in the morning
    The Scottish islands will be 100% but there may be a lot of cloud

Here in Wales we will get 93% eclipse with clear blue sky,the Midlands should be fine as well
    Now the forecast is done[​IMG]

If you get a chance take a safe look, it is wonderful event,its such a shame its not going to be the full monty for the mainland Uk

• Like Like x 1
  2. Jonspark

Jonspark Regular EF Member

I remember travelling down to Cornwall about ten plus years ago to see the last big one and it was spectacular

• Like Like x 1
  3. ipf

ipf Trusted Advisor

I think the last one I remember was 1999. It was mid morning and I was working in a local factory. Things came to a halt and we all went outside...really weird feeling....all the birds (feathered kind, that is) went quiet, as if it was night...surprising how much noise they make without us noticing.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Jonspark

Jonspark Regular EF Member

We were on the coast in cornwall and the the tide stopped and all the birds did one, quite scary in one respect.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Tidy Max

Tidy Max Regular EF Member

6. telectrix

telectrix Scouser and Proud of It Trusted Advisor

Top Poster Of Month

Business Name:
    Telectrix