Discuss Solar edge in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Although you do have to register the system you dont have to link it up to the internet (same with Enecsys and Tigo).

We have done 4 solar edges and only 1 wanted monitoring which ended up being a real pain as he only had one port on his router so we had to buy him a new one.

Its a bit labourious waiting for the optimisers to register on the inverter display but i like the sytem and it obvioulsy works well with shading issues.

Last edited by a moderator:
you have more chance of winning the lottery than the guys at solar edge registering your install within 3 days , how can you register before install any way as you do not know PB's layout before you place them down.

We have installed over 50 solar edge systems and got them all online , its stuiped to use this system then not link it to router you can buy wirless powerline plug tops for £40.00 that usally does the trick.

I LOVE SOLAR EDGE & SOLAR EDGE LOVES ME ! xxxxxxx

you have more chance of winning the lottery than the guys at solar edge registering your install within 3 days , how can you register before install any way as you do not know PB's layout before you place them down.

We have installed over 50 solar edge systems and got them all online , its stuiped to use this system then not link it to router you can buy wirless powerline plug tops for £40.00 that usally does the trick.

I LOVE SOLAR EDGE & SOLAR EDGE LOVES ME ! xxxxxxx

Easy mate, as soon as it comes i register the inverter on the system so the site is live before install, do the insall then submit the layout plan!

So we got to do this solar edge install next week so lets get this clear! no probs with mounting units under panels (like u said ) makes it easy to connect panels after its all been cable tied up! bit im not sure about ie plan of panels (do the units have numbers ?) ie so u no where one is if it fails? also do i do cable to router (as per diagram) or use the wirless plug types ! registering it i presume when u fire it all up and it pics the kit up u do it then? dont no where router is yet but if diff then easier option wirless:)

1) - To map the PB's either use the Iphone app - or draw the layout and stick the peel of barcodes onto your map as per my earlier thread - i uploaded one ive have done.
2) - Cable or wireless your call, wireless cost more money and i like cable, its a more long term solution.
3) - When the inverter arrives from the supplier open the box, take out pink bag and go online, register the site using the invert S/N. Do the install and map the PB's with the peel off stickers as per example, email the sketch to SE and they will update the site to reflect the actual layout. Each PB has a unique identifier so you can tell were each one is. Dead easy honest.

Thanks for advise ! shame this one will be the last! sounds a great answer to getting the best out of a pv system (with shading issues) dont think its a cost effective on 16/13p system:(

I am doing my first solar edge installation and impressed so far. One question, one pointer for others:

- question - I have sent off the layout to solar edge through their website. How long before I can expect to be able to log on? Am I waiting for an email? Or at some stage will the username and pasword I gave them just work?

- pointer - found this netgear device which just hangs out the bottom of the inverter and allows it to join the household wireless network to connect to the internet.
WNCE2001 on the shelf in pcworld although even a bright staff member had not appreciated it was the answer to my problem
It is only about 3" x 2" in size. Went for it as Segen do not appear to stock the solar edge zigbee mesh network accessory.

Regards
Bruce

Last edited:
umm, that's a new one regards the wireless.

Turnaround for monitoring is about 3 days, yes you get an email and password and it looks like this:

Hi,

We are glad to inform you that your site x y z house is now available on our monitoring site.

You may access your account by entering the following address in the navigation bar of your Internet Browser:

http://www.monitoring.solaredge.com/solaredge-web/p/login

Once entered, you will see the login page.
Your Username & Password are the following:

Username:
Password:

You may change your password at any time by pressing your name after login:
C:\Users\Russel\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.jpg

And then click on password:
C:\Users\Russel\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image003.jpg

We support the following browsers for desktops:

Internet Explorer- version 6 and above
Mozilla Firefox- version 4 and above
Google Chrome- version 4 and above
Safari- version 4 and above
Opera- version 9 and above

We support the following browsers for Mobile Phones:
Opera Mobile 10
Safari Mobile 4
Safari Mobile 5
Android Browser on Android 3.2

If you have any question how to use the features of the Monitoring Site or if you have any other enquiries please don’t hesitate to contact us.

All the best,
Eden

SolarEdge Technologies
Support Team
http://www.solaredge.com/groups/support/overview
North America (Toll free) 1877 360 529 2
Australia (Toll free) 1800 149 229
Germany 089 454 597 30
France (Toll free) 0800 917 410
Italy (Toll free) 0800 784 824
United Kingdom (Toll free) 0800 206 105 8
Belgium (Toll free) 0800 730 41
Israel 073 240 311 8
Rest of world + 1 (0) 650 319 884 3
Fax + 972 (0) 73 240 311 7

Register today to one of SolarEdge’s ongoing training events including free webinars..
Click here for additional information
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail and its attachments are intended only for the use of the individual or entity who is the intended recipient and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure or any type of use under applicable law. If the reader of this e-mail is not the intended recipient, or the employee, agent, or representative responsible for delivering the e-mail to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying, or other use of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please reply immediately to the sender.
P Please think of the environment before printing this email

************************************************************************************
This footnote confirms that this email message has been scanned by
PineApp Mail-SeCure for the presence of malicious code, vandals & computer viruses.
************************************************************************************

=======
Email scanned by PC Tools - No viruses or spyware found.
(Email Guard: 9.0.0.888, Virus/Spyware Database: 6.19230)
http://www.pctools.com
=======

Last edited:
Lads ref solar edge doing instal tomoz ! just a thought spose we will need mc4s to wire it all up first!do your suppliers send them with modules or is it a ask or u dont get?(for the modules)

Finishing off installing one of these systems today and I'm looking at wireless monitoring. Is it straightforward? I think I'll get hold of one of those devices that Bruce is talking about and work it out from there.

Reply to Solar edge in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net