Discuss Solar Europa Barnsley - pv kit in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Just doing my first install. I'm trying to use my local electrical wholesaler as this will help me finance the first job. I'm looking at a 12 panel 3kw installI've had a reasonably competitive quote for conergy 240w panels with a sunny boy hf inverter. They have also quoted for a complete system by solar Europa for about 20% less. They supply all the kit including the inverter which is apparently made in their factory in china.Anyone had any experience with this firm? The kit is mcs certified - is mcs certification a reasonable indication of good quality.Many thanks

Buyer beware - I'm not saying they are good or bad but personally I would not buy from unknown chinese manufacturers and definitely not for complex electronics, its your choice but I'm a great believer of you get what you pay for.

Do your research, look at what causes problems in panels, what quality control procedures do they have online during production, where is the panels output performance insured - from balance sheet or independent insurer. etc etc

Conergy are a good firm with lots of experience, the cheaper modules they produce are chinese made but they have their own QC engineers online in China to oversee things, the Conergy PowerPlus however are german cells and a very good performing panel but they are quite expensive.

In general the firms know that good yielding panels make more Kwh's and they can charge a premium for them, theres always the exception of course the old Sharp panels were mediocre performance and quality wise but premium price, the new ones are better but still expensive tho.

mcs is not a indication of module quality
the cheapest chinese to high end all have mcs certification
but performance & build quality varies vastly
look at module warranty , yields , power tolerance , certifications , installed base
chinese will always be cheaper than conergy , but a chinese car is cheaper than a bmw

Reply to Solar Europa Barnsley - pv kit in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net