Discuss Solar immersion device capable of running 6kW immersion in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

SolarCity

-
Arms
Reaction score
I have a customer with a 6kW immersion heater and we are trying to find a device which will cope with this size. All the ones I've seen so far are rated at 13A maximum. Anyone know of a device which could do 6kW?

Is it a 3 phase immersion heater by any chance? The ones I've fitted in the past were all 6KW.

And there was no option to convert to 3x single phase one end of each element was commoned by a bar brazed across them with a single terminal on the end.

Is it a 3 phase immersion heater by any chance? The ones I've fitted in the past were all 6KW.

And there was no option to convert to 3x single phase one end of each element was commoned by a bar brazed across them with a single terminal on the end.

I've only briefly looked at it but I can say that it is certainly only a single phase supply.

Are there 3 phase diversion devices ?

All the ones I have come accross have been single phase .

When they are switched to diversion load I do not think it matters what the load is . as it is only the surplus PV output that is being diverted I have frequently had a 5 kw load on my I2 diverter and it does not seem to worry it .

While I have it on a big heatsink I am not sure I would want it to regulary do so when switched to bypass mode ; but it has done on the odd occasion when I have forgotten to switch off one of the loads . (2 x 2kw night storage units + 1 x 1200w fire )

If you have 10 Kw across 3 phases the output on any single phase would not overload a single phase diverter on any one of those phases .

If the imersion is running of a single 30amp fuse it must be a single phase load .
So would run of a single phase diverter and not take any more than the diverter decided was surplus energy on the phase to which it was connected IMO.

hope it makes sense and may be of help.

Last edited:

Reply to Solar immersion device capable of running 6kW immersion in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock