Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

Discuss Solar powered soffit downlights in the Electrical Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. daveb

daveb Regular EF Member

hi folks,

A regular customer of mine really wants soffit downlights on their outside soffits. Having had a look at access, there is no easy way to access the inside of the soffit - it's a new build.

Can anyone recommend a decent solar powered option for this?

Thanks

2. Daniel Mawson

Daniel Mawson EF Member

Business Name:
    Multicore National
    Hi there, hope I can help you with this,

A good way, which is quite simple is using... Sorry its not a Solar powered idea, more using LEDs.

LED tape, have a read on it here..

A lot of bars use it, and its quite popular in new property developments... Here is some images which we have used LED Tape for, if you need someone to do it, visit our contact page on the website.......

View attachment 35514

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2017
  3. Daniel Mawson

Daniel Mawson EF Member

Business Name:
    Multicore National
    you can get them more spaced out rather than using a full strip of light if you understand.

Otherwise you would just have to do it the original way and install the down lights.......

4. Daniel Mawson

Daniel Mawson EF Member

Business Name:
    Multicore National
  5. westward10

westward10 In echoed steps I walk across an empty dream. Staff Member Trusted Advisor

I know you can get solar powered decking lights but you may have charging issues if you fit them below a soffit and they may energise themselves when the area falls into shadow. I don't know how you could power downlights from a solar charging source without remote control gear, then you are back to square one and may as well fit mains ones.

• Like Like x 2
  6. DPG

DPG Electrician's Arms

Surface mounted bulkhead fittings with galv conduit. And don't forget a fireman's switch 8 foot from floor.
    Daz

• Like Like x 1