Discuss Solar PV Apps in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Hi Worcester

Both consumer and installer would be good.We are going to become installers but are not consumers yet!

Thanks

Paul

Hi does any one have any good Apps they use for Android or Ipad?
Have tried a few free ones butnot much good.
Thanks in advance
Paul
I have found a great app on android play store called SolarAnalyzer pro I paid £15 for the pro edition it even gives you real time data I have a Fronius inverter with a data-card linked to the solor-log 200 wifi. Its works with a wide range of inverters and more than 1 at the same time. I view it on my cheap nexus 7 tablet

Not sure which apps will run on the Ipad, my iPhone now indespensible with the following apps:
Electrical Safety Council (safe Isolation Plus Best Practice Guides)
Inclinometer (U-Clinometer)
Compass
Camera (duuuh!)
ExifWizard (details of the photos)
Theodolite
Windmeter (we use a lot of cherry pickers for industrial site surveys)
Torch
NavFree (Free SatNav)
LightMeter (for lighting replacement projects)
SolarTrack
Sun Seeker Lite
SMA Sunny Dots
SMA Sunny Portal
SolarEdge (monitoring)
SolarEdge Site Designer
MetOffice Weather
Screwfix Catalogue
Screwfix Toolbox
LateRooms
oh and - McDsFinder :)

Just now need a couple of apps for the commissioning documents (use Notes at the moment) and could almost do away with paper!

Plus others for personal use

Heres what some other installers are using:

"SolarTrack is good and free. It overlays the track of the sun onto the camera view so you can see which objects would cause shadow and when"

"I use Solar Payback (UK) on the iPad. Very neat for PV payback spreadsheet and presentations."

"Sun Seeker Lite (free) or full
Altimeter (free) - useful for wind calcs.
Solmetric iPV - It looks expensive but I find it hugely useful for horizons and shading objects. If you live in a hilly area, you would be surprised at the difference horizon can make when properly input into PVsol."

on my phone I have an ap that gives me the ability to call people, an ap that lets me store their phone numbers, and an ap that lets me send little text messages to people and an ap that tells me the time and wakes me up in the morning.

I can thoroughly recommend all these aps to solar installers.

SolarPayback (UK) for iPhone/iPad for me. Has installer and customer options and allows me to produce spreadsheets with my own logos on.

/Newb

Reply to Solar PV Apps in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock