Discuss Solar PV on a petrol station roof? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

PVdesign

Been asked to quote/design a system at a service station. One of our guys is going over for a site visit now and was just wondering if there's any restrictions regarding EX locations?

Cheers

I don't know specifically, but there will be restriction on where anything that could create a spark can be located, so ac and dc isolators, inverter etc.

same with your working method probably.

eta - you'll defo be needing to work up a full risk assessment (as you obviously will do for each job;), but lots more risks here that need mitigation measures)

Thanks for that, I've asked our guy to look at siting of isolators/inverters etc so hopefully see what he comes back with!
Of course I'll be carrying a full risk assessment and method statement as always!!!!
Cheers

cant see that as a problem! if you take the dc into the shop and put inverters there with the ac, you will need some type of containment though externally

You might want to look into hazardous areas courses as I believe this would be a requirement for working at a filling station.

I know a bloke who does work in this field but it's a bit late to phone him, I'll give him a ring tomorrow.

these two petrol stations now have panels on the main grey roofs,must be about 30 on each. petrol stations.jpg

You might want to look into hazardous areas courses as I believe this would be a requirement for working at a filling station.

I know a bloke who does work in this field but it's a bit late to phone him, I'll give him a ring tomorrow.

You need the SPA Forecourt card, we have it for day to day electrical / mechanical maintenance, not for working on the pumps;

Petrol Retail / Safety Pass Alliance

Canopy and kiosk roofs fall outside of any Zone.
We used to do the HV neon lighting around the Canopy, but that's all gone LED now.

If it's for a national operator there will be a million pieces of paper to fill in and FULL PPE must be worn at all times by any contractor on site.

We do supermarkets, the rules are slightly relaxed compared.

Something you may need to consider is that most canopies have a very lightweight construction and won't support a man walking across them.

You'll need a cherry picker to get up to survey them, after you're SPA of course.

^^just saved me making a phone call... :lol:

^^just saved me making a phone call... :lol:

We put one on the attached property where you pay. I seem to remember the owner contacted the H & S guy to do with the fuel and he advised him. Sure I remember something about distance from the fuel tanks had to be a certain meterage.

Reply to Solar PV on a petrol station roof? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net