Discuss Solar PV Plus in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

jc_150

-
Reaction score
Hi all in the forum.
Way back in 2012 I asked for help on here regarding choice of PV systems and had many very helpful responses. I chose a system and asked on here for quotes (private msgs) and had 4 quotes and chose the best deal for myself. The system I chose was a Solar Edge and it has worked flawlessly since and getting good returns for my 2.5kW system, and have since added I- boost and get some free hot water as well. My question today is that I allowed a company to call and their product is called Solar PV Plus, and it seems like a voltage loss compensator which fits into the system where the AC isolator is. So guess it is after the invertor and before the consumer unit? Could I ask if anyone has the time to look here:
Solar PV+
and give me your honest opinion if these devices will do anything for my system to improve the returns that I get. I do not want to state the quoted supply and fit price on an open forum and the web site is in the public domain. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance of any replies
Kind Regards
JohnC

looks pony to me. If you have a properly designed/installed system that limits volt drop then you shouldn't experience any problems with overvoltage causing the inverter to trip/cut out. To be honest you would need a pretty high grid voltage in the first place and an undersized cable between the inverter and the mains to have such a problem....... IMO a complete waste of money.

Just heard from a customer who was offered Solar PV+ and wanted a view.

He was cold called and told he qualified for a "free check" of his system.

He was visited by a salesman than told him the following;

The government have relaxed the rules on solar PV system sizes and that by fitting the solar PV + he would get up to 30% more out of his system. Some nonsense about getting the full 4KWp out of his system (its a SE/SW split).

He has had no overvoltage issues and we replaced the inverter under warranty earlier this year (Power One as was).

He was told he could have it fitted for £2,995 but if he had a £6,000 battery system, he could have the solar PV+ for free.

I think this kind of behaviour is shocking.

Hi Guys
Thanks for the replies. I am now convinced that this is of no benefit to me, therefore will treat the company with the contempt that they deserve. However I did find this quote on the Bright New Energy World website which is also promoting the product. Cut and paste:
"Please do not buy the Solar PV plus if your incoming mains voltage for your home is below 243 volts". Luckily for me my inverter measures this at the touch of button and mine is always lower than 243V
Kind Regards
JohnC

Reply to Solar PV Plus in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net