Discuss Solic 200 red lights error in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hope this is is correct forum area.
i have issue with new set up and solic 200. As I understand it when during day and getting solar power there should normally get 3 green lights and when excess power is generated should get a single red light on display. Is this correct . I seem to get 2 red lights on display along with 1 green light. Solic was returned to Earthwise who checked out unit and sensor and they said no problem with unit. Can anyone describe the operation if their solic and help me find out if working ok or not and if problem what is wrong.The immersion heater is a new unit installed prior to fitting solic unit please help

Yes I have that info but does not seem clear to me how many red lights should show. Note I get 2 solid red lights as per my photo and when I do not I only get 3 green lights Please confirm

I was wondering if I have the sensor connected to the correct cable ? If it was connected to wrong one would this give similar display as to what I get? I have tried both ways round incase wrong direction

When I have two red lights and one green light showing and I then switch on kettle I get immediate change back to 3 green lights so I assume this is ok? The only issue I am trying to get a single direct reply is should I only have 1 red light or is 2 red ok and system fine?

looking at the user guide above, if you have got excess power to the immersion, you should have 3 greens but as I see it, if you turn on the kettle then at least the sensor light should go red as you are drawing grid power. Something is not right if you are getting 3 green lights when you increase the house load.

No think you are wrong there for instance say in evening when panels are obviously not working I always have 3 green lights and am sure that is the correct situation. When producing excess power during a sunny day however I get two red lights and then if I turn on kettle that changes back to 3 green lights then returns after kettle boiled back to two red lights and then in the evening back again to 3 green lights.my query is number of red I should expect

Again, referring to the above guide,the sensor light is apparently green when you have excess energy. Either you are producing power by moon light or something is wrong. As you have correctly stated, when the panels are not working in the evening, you cannot have excess energy,so the sensor light should be red. In the evening ,I would expect the lights to be off (unless you are boosting the immersion,when it would be flashing red),red,green

Well wonder if someone else could give opinion as seem to have conflicting advice my electrician who fitted it seems to think it is correctly working and 11 pm tonight as always in evening I have 3 green lights and as far as understand from the company solic purchased from Earthwise Products 3 green lights is fine . As far as understood from them should only ever have 1 red light at any time so hence my doubt about it working properly.

I have just upgraded to the Solic 200 from the solar iBoost. Mine is working fine.

20:30 NIGHT lights = off, red, green... immersion neon off. No heat added to tank.

In SUNNY DAYTIME, green, green(odd red flash), green... immersion neon ON... as bright as supplied voltage.
A very hot tank.

The main thing is that the solic is using every single watt to heat the tank. At all levels of solar generation. [We have an OWL meter showing solar generation and a Smart in house display showing in/out mains usage.]

The first time i commisioned the solic i got 3 red lights. Eg the sensor was on the wrong way around but is clipped correctly over the LIVE brown tail from the Mains meter to the consumer unit.
I turned the sensor to face the otherway and completed the commisioning. ALL FINE.

20:30PM, night time, no sun, no moon...
power to immersion = off, (overspill only)
Sensor = red = house using mains.
Power to box = green = yes powered up.

This is similar to your photo, which you took when exactly .... at night?
The light that is off shows a very pale red but this is coming from the sensor red light. The internals are three plastic columns from 3 led's 2cm away so expect some light overspill.

1 - if sensor is wrong way around the system wont work.
2 - is sensor fitted on correct wires.?
eg around tail from incoming mains to consumer unit...
NOT SOLAR GENERATION METER TO CONSUMER UNIT.

Please feel free to take 2 photos when:-
1 - MIDDAY - sunny so we know no mains is being used.... green, green(flash red) , green

2 - AFTER SUNDOWN... off, red, green

3 - less sunny but kettle x2 on off, red, green

Good luck. You should not be getting green green green at 23:00 @ night, no matter what!!! Some thing is very wrong.

I can see that your sensor is around a tail in your photo but it is not clear which ones.
Would you please take a photo of the whole install including the consumer/fuse box showing.

Photo below taken at 20:18 1st sept...
Lights .... OFF.... RED..... GREEN
DEFO NO SOLAR SHOWING ON SOLAR GENERATION METER eg 0.0000kwh
No neon on immersion heater.

20180901_201851.jpg

Last edited:

Reply to Solic 200 red lights error in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net