Discuss SOLIC solar immersion controller in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

L

Launchman1

Afternoon all, I've been looking at getting a solar immersion controller for my solar PV 3kWp array, and although the IMMERSUN and iBOOST look like the prime players, I'm keen to know whether any of you have had experience with the SOLIC unit? It appears to do the same job as the rest, looks more robust (industrial) and is less expensive than either of the other 2 (including installation), and a 10 year warranty? Any advice from those that have fitted these? Problems? Thanks.

Afternoon all, I've been looking at getting a solar immersion controller for my solar PV 3kWp array, and although the IMMERSUN and iBOOST look like the prime players, I'm keen to know whether any of you have had experience with the SOLIC unit? It appears to do the same job as the rest, looks more robust (industrial) and is less expensive than either of the other 2 (including installation), and a 10 year warranty? Any advice from those that have fitted these? Problems? Thanks.

I've been following these types of devices since they first came onto the market and in principle it's a great idea but... there is a but, it's all about technology. As an electronics engineer I fully understand the methodology for modulating power, if the device you are sending power to is greater than 200w you can't use Phase Angle technology, nor can you use Burst Fire. Phase angle will interfere with your invertor and create Harmonic imbalance therefore could result in damage to the invertor for which I imagine the manufacturers warranty won't cover that!

Be careful which device you choose and make sure that it use a sine wave and ask for a copy of the EMC report.

Hi i had 1 of these installed last September along with my 3.92Kw array and can say that I have had not 1 bit of bother with it, it just sits there working away as it should (or not when no excess electricity) I have not used any gas for about the last 5 months as heating off and loads of hot water from immersion for free. Best couple of hundred quid ever spent.

When the inverter sees the harmonic imbalance it shuts down and has to be then started up again resulrting in loss of generation if not spotted at the time. I would recommend the Immersun MKII - easy to install and uses pulse width modulation.
Matt

Reply to SOLIC solar immersion controller in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock