Discuss Solicitors - Can you all do the world a favour, in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

Squid

please, waste their time, don't return calls, charge them extra for the slightest of things, charge them extra on top and then post up about it on here to make me feel better........... ;o)))))))

please, waste their time, don't return calls, charge them extra for the slightest of things, charge them extra on top and then post up about it on here to make me feel better........... ;o)))))))
Had a bad experience Mate?

I refuse to do work for solicitors. Did a call out about 7 years ago, it took over 6 months to get paid for it.

About 3 years later same solicitors rang me, their lights and heating wasn't working - I said I'm out of town but I call on the way home. I never bothered.

Next day they rang me again, I apologised and said I'll call on the way home as I'd ran late the night before. I never bothered.

3rd day, same thing, never bothered. Never heard from them again funnily enough.

They are not all bad! Many of them are absolutely rubbish though...just as you good electricians complain about some who are less than professional.
However, the quality of solicitors in general practice has dropped dramatically over the last 2 decades, and the (justified) complaints against them have soared.
However, there are some really good guys and girls out there, mainly in the non-city practices....and mainly those who are now on the home stretch to retirement.
I know of one practice where the partners always get a local electrician in for anything that needs done, even re-lamping etc. This is because in a small town everyone needs and gets a "turn". That practice has several local electricians as clients, and they use a rotation system so all get a bit of work as and when. The guy who put in the new alarm system and emergency lighting gets called in for any work to that, the guy who rewired one of the offices gets that work, and one of the others gets the jobs where landlord clients need work done and the solicitor who does the letting work usually gets asked to arrange that kind of work.
Are they good lawyers though? Yes, they are.
Do they pay promptly?
Yes...as promptly as their electrician clients pay them.
So, before you rubbish every solicitor, think about how you would feel if somebody rubbished every electrician.
I would only add that "to rubbish" is not a verb! It's become one, by the inevitable progression of nounverbification, but it still isn't a noun in my book! Why did I use it then?
Because I'm old and can't resist these sicknesses any more!

They are not all bad! Many of them are absolutely rubbish though...just as you good electricians complain about some who are less than professional.
However, the quality of solicitors in general practice has dropped dramatically over the last 2 decades, and the (justified) complaints against them have soared.
However, there are some really good guys and girls out there, mainly in the non-city practices....and mainly those who are now on the home stretch to retirement.
I know of one practice where the partners always get a local electrician in for anything that needs done, even re-lamping etc. This is because in a small town everyone needs and gets a "turn". That practice has several local electricians as clients, and they use a rotation system so all get a bit of work as and when. The guy who put in the new alarm system and emergency lighting gets called in for any work to that, the guy who rewired one of the offices gets that work, and one of the others gets the jobs where landlord clients need work done and the solicitor who does the letting work usually gets asked to arrange that kind of work.
Are they good lawyers though? Yes, they are.
Do they pay promptly?
Yes...as promptly as their electrician clients pay them.
So, before you rubbish every solicitor, think about how you would feel if somebody rubbished every electrician.
I would only add that "to rubbish" is not a verb! It's become one, by the inevitable progression of nounverbification, but it still isn't a noun in my book! Why did I use it then?
Because I'm old and can't resist these sicknesses any more!
Ooooooh argh!

If you work it right then leasehold can be very lucrative, especially if you club together with other leaseholders, you can then acquire the freehold, increasing the value of your property by sometimes quite a large amount.
Myself and the neighbour both own a share of the freehold thats the bit that annoys me, you own the freehold but still have a lease....... bit like marriage.

Myself and the neighbour both own a share of the freehold thats the bit that annoys me, you own the freehold but still have a lease....... bit like marriage.
but if you and neighbour(s) own freehold then its at very least more affordable to extend or if you all agree can extend your leases to in effect 999 years or something like that, my sisters flat had a 200 year lease and as the others all got together to buy freehold, they extended all flats to 999 years. it works out well if a good lawyer handles it

All that is being dealt with at the moment a a deed of variation being drawn up but some of the questions being asked are grrrrrrr

If you work it right then leasehold can be very lucrative, especially if you club together with other leaseholders, you can then acquire the freehold, increasing the value of your property by sometimes quite a large amount.

There are 1000's of Bovis customers,who need you to help them out...;)

Reply to Solicitors - Can you all do the world a favour, in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock