Discuss Solor PV grants/schemes in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

gazdkw82

-
Arms
Reaction score
I have made some enquiries about Solor Panel installation on my house. It’s something I know very little about tbh. Anyhow iv been forwarded to a company called project solo.

They inform me there is a scheme running (not sure if that’s the right term). There scheme is not based on renting the panels but a combination of the savings from our electricity bill+the excess power within the system. It was hard to hear exactly what he was saying on the phone because I was outside but there is also a battery involved and free finance which is paid back from the previously mentioned 2 methods.

Can someone give me some advice on this in anyway? Have you had solo panels installed? Have you had experience with these schemes?

Thanks

Research research research. There have been many caught out by installs in the past but I'm sure things have changed a little.
Research the systems, how they work and what type is best for you.
Research whether it is worth it
Research the company 'cause as you'll read, a lot of the companies cashing in on government grants are no longer trading or have a 'different name'.
Anyway, all of the research will educate you to the PV side which as trainees, can only make us STRONGER.
The PV solar part of the forum is no doubt invaluable for best equipment names and install methods.

thanks for that. I shall do some research. Someone is coming around next Tuesday so I will find out as much as I can between now and then and have questions ready

It sounds a bit like the green deal.
You do not pay for (all) the panels, we will give you a loan for (some of) the panels.
The interest is paid off by the savings you make on export and non use of grid power.
You will never need to pay more than the savings you make.
(by the way the interest rate is huge)

i.e. you get the panels and never get any benefit from them, expect for not having paid the initial cost.

Its all bollox,They get you to finance it through Barclays over a 10 year agreement and they say the generation and savings cover the cost of the monthly payments. Loads of people fall for it and the only scheme that's running is the feed in tariff (this is why they say its government backed which is pure sales spiel). The green deal is no longer available as the government is not funding it.....So much for the biggest home improvement programme since WW2. If you want PV shop around for the best deal/equipment and reputation of company and pay for it outright or get a bank loan on lower interest.

Can't afford to pay outright or get a know loan. Got too much going on.

I'll see what they say out of interest
I did this with an Anglian salesman a few years ago...Had a knock at the door asking if I was interested in PV so I said yes knowing full well what I was doing :D Sales appointment got booked and he come round. I tied him in knots asking the most difficult questions etc...he was squirming to get out of the door after about 20 mins :p

finance is never free, the costs of it will be paid somewhere in the bill, probably by jacking up the initial cost to silly levels.

Get a sensible quote, and arrange your own finance if you're in a position to do so - if you're not then you're probably also not in a position where taking on that level of 'interest free' debt on a promise of returns that may well be inflated would be a good idea either.

Reply to Solor PV grants/schemes in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock