Discuss Solution to high cost AFDDs? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

There's a more sinister aspect of this AFDD business - they're not mandatory BUT, if a homeowner declines a 'recommendation', what would be an insurance company's response to a future claim following a fire?

If my insurance company wants to give me a £2000 discount if I get an AFDD kitted out board, I'll have one fitted! :D

It seems we are protecting against poor workmanship AFDD loose connection etc and metal consumer units RCD protection if someone nails a picture up above a socket long gone the days of protection by a piece of fuse wire.

Reply to Solution to high cost AFDDs? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi I have a job where customer has two families one families lives upstairs and one family will live downstairs. As the property is going through...
Replies
Views
Beware a little long. I served an electrical apprenticeship a long time ago, then went back to full time education immediately moving away from...
Replies
Views
Good morning all, My first post on here! Be kind :) I have had a customer come to me who has a care home for the elderly. I have not carried...
Replies
Views
Been asked to move, remove and add some sockets the kitchen and I’ll need to add a circuit for an electric hob. Looked at the board and it’s one...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Curious one and hopefully some one of you could give me some advice. A customer has had a steeltech shed installed at their premises. A...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock