Discuss Some professional advice please in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I have built a bar at the top of my garden in it there is 4 sockets and 2 lights running off the one switch I have done it as a radial circuit I was going to get my mains cable into the house to my main board on its own braker and was going to put a 2 way consumer unit for my lights and sockets but was told I don't need one someone mentioned a switch box just to have my mains cable,socket cable and light cable coming from it with an on off switch as it's will be protected from the many rcd board in my house if someone could help me that would be great and maybe send me a link of what I need to buy for in the shed to connect my 3 main cables to there will be a fridge and a tv up there thanks

I'm a plaster by trade I thought this was a forum for help I have done the work of running all the cables putting my sockets on and lights all I need is a bit of advice ain't going to pay some electrician £100 - £200 to come and tell me which one of the 2 things I need to purchase thanks for your help

I'm a plaster by trade I thought this was a forum for help I have done the work of running all the cables putting my sockets on and lights all I need is a bit of advice ain't going to pay some electrician £100 - £200 to come and tell me which one of the 2 things I need to purchase thanks for your help
Are you going to be testing your installation as may as well get an electrician to do it if not as will need testing after

It's a forum for sparks to help each other.

I've got a room that needs plastering, I have got all the bits and done the prep - would you plaster it for me FOC?

Your a band aid?? Is that like a roadie?

A lot to be honest I plastered dug Ellis loft conversion when we had the heat wave 3 years ago 100 mm of king span in the rafters and 50 mm on top of joists with 15mm sound fire line board over the top tops of 3 story houses all I was after was abit of advice don't want to get into an argument we all graft and all need one another to make a house I have posted in the diy forum first time on here didn't know where to post

Of course if the plastering goes wrong you won't die, well I don't think so anyway. The thing is if you tell someone the wrong thing and they do come to harm well you know it is very bad news. There is a way to do it but it isn't as simple as put a fused spur on the lot. Wink wink

Tony with respect whilst I would not want to pitch one trade against another and it is a art to get a smooth plastered wall I think you are in danger of alienating yourself with most people on this forum. I take it this bar is some sort of shed like construction what size cable and type have you put in to bar ?.

Tony with respect whilst I would not want to pitch one trade against another and it is a art to get a smooth plastered wall I think you are in danger of alienating yourself with most people on this forum. I take it this bar is some sort of shed like construction what size cable and type have you put in to bar ?.
Don't ask daft questions he will have calculated the size of the cable dependant upon the design requirements, won't he?

Whoah! theres no need to shout mate. Don't worry about this lot it's a bit like passing a car with several jack russells in barking frantically away, they can't hurt you though.

and i'm not going to pay a plasterer £100 - £200 to skim my new kitchen. i'll just chuck some mud on the walls myself.

Reply to Some professional advice please in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net