Discuss Song Birds quiet this year in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

MDJ

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
As the title, a few sparrows a black bird or two and just pigeons, I have had the feeder going all through the winter as well, very quiet this year, I haven't even seen 1 starling yet?

As the title, a few sparrows a black bird or two and just pigeons, I have had the feeder going all through the winter as well, very quiet this year, I haven't even seen 1 starling yet?
No I haven't seen many Starlings either, got Male and Female Blackbirds, Song Thrushes, all sort of ----, wrens, Sparrows Chaffinch, Robins, a solitary Tree Creeper and beleive it or not Goldcrest may have been a Firecrest never could tell the difference appeared in the Pines over the garden fence in the pine trees, wonderful sight it was too. Oh and wood Pidgeons by the bucketful, get a smashing Dawn Chorus as well.

No I haven't seen many Starlings either, got Male and Female Blackbirds, Song Thrushes, all sort of ----, wrens, Sparrows Chaffinch, Robins, a solitary Tree Creeper and beleive it or not Goldcrest may have been a Firecrest never could tell the difference appeared in the Pines over the garden fence in the pine trees, wonderful sight it was too. Oh and wood Pidgeons by the bucketful, get a smashing Dawn Chorus as well.

Thats nice Pete, I haven't seen anything really, really strange this year, last year I had gold ---- on the feeder as well as finch's, well I can only hope they come back.

Apparently, its your diesel 4 x 4 that's poisoning the sparrows. And I'm out with a shotgun first thing, trying to get that friggin noisy crow, who s***s all over my car.
Better off getting a decent air rifle with a good scope and take him out with a nice clean head shot.

Thats nice Pete, I haven't seen anything really, really strange this year, last year I had gold ---- on the feeder as well as finch's, well I can only hope they come back.
Weather is all over the shop Mate, that's the problem.

Better off getting a decent air rifle with a good scope and take him out with a nice clean head shot.

From the racket he's making, he must be wearing a Kevlar helmet.

Think I might of accidently killed off some Robins the other week, getting me lawn mower out. Parents had nested & I scared them off the nest. Eggs were in the nest. Checked three days later eggs gone & no shells o_O

Think I might of accidently killed off some Robins the other week, getting me lawn mower out. Parents had nested & I scared them off the nest. Eggs were in the nest. Checked three days later eggs gone & no shells o_O
That was Breakfast sorted then?

I can lend you my rifle, his helment won't stop a pellet from this bad boy
r10 bigger.jpg

Weather is all over the shop Mate, that's the problem.
Could be mate, I hope so, I do like the song birds in the garden.

Could be mate, I hope so, I do like the song birds in the garden.
To right we don't have the diverse bird life like other countries, but what we have is worth protecting, I was a bit of an Ornithologist in my early teens, not a twitcher but just interested, spent most of my Scholl holidays bird nestin, no didn't take eggs, must be the country boy in me.

The noise from my bedroom window is unbelievable along with the lambs in the field at the end of the garden.

Eekk, I hope you're selective in what fauna you take out with that bang stick.
I don't take anything out, it is for target shooting, but it will drop a rabbit at 45 yards no problem.

Reply to Song Birds quiet this year in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net