Discuss sorry, another niceic thread!!! in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

sparkyz21

sorry people, another thread about application for the nic!

so i'm finally guna go for my domestic installer, just wanted to ask a couple of questions about the assessment.

1. minor and major job, can both jobs be in my house, e.g. a loft light and a c.u. change? if not most of my work i get subbed out to me, but then the bloke that subs it out to me signs it off, so the job i've done 95% of the work, could i show him that? only trouble is that it isn't local. probs about 1hour and 15 minutes away.

2. also the jobs i show, to they have to be part p'd already, even if this is my first assessment?

any help appreciated lads, cheers. jay.

Hi Jay

Yes both jobs can be in your own house officially you should inform building control as you are not able to self certify if he asks it goes against you but not so as to constitute a fail. You could always talk to building control as its in your own home and being assessed they may not be interested

Chris

PS both jobs have to be all yours

Last edited by a moderator:
ok acat cheers for that, so i couldn't show him the rewire not local to me? because technically its me bosses job.bit of a bummer!

No mate and both jobs have to be close to each other I think within 30mins of each other so where better than your own home.

Dont forget to have all your books and paperwork as well

Good luck

Chris

Hi Jay

Yes both jobs can be in your own house officially you should inform building control as you are not able to self certify if he asks it goes against you but not so as to constitute a fail. You could always talk to building control as its in your own home and being assessed they may not be interested

Chris

PS both jobs have to be all yours
when i did my assessment i was told the obs had to be at 2 separate addresses no more than half an hour drive between each ;)
stupid really as 1 major and 1 minor job is all thats being assessed and the locality of each shouldnt matter :rolleyes:

The NICEIC application states within thirty minutes travelling distance of each other and work may be at your own relatives or friends property, nowhere does it state that the jobs have to be at seperate adresses?

Chris

When you ring them up and pay for your assessment then they ask you for two postcodes of where the work is, It can not be the same postcode for the minor and major work. Its OK with Elecsa to do all the work at your house.

The NICEIC application states within thirty minutes travelling distance of each other and work may be at your own relatives or friends property, nowhere does it state that the jobs have to be at seperate adresses?

Chris
hi chris,
try booking an assesment without 2 postcodes then :mad: doesnt make sense as its the work thats been done thats being evaluated not the property its done on :rolleyes:

Moving to Wales shortly when I do book I will let you all know how I got on or perhaps someone else has already managed to do both jobs at one address. As you say its the work they are assessing not the address mindless bureaucracy strikes again:)

Chris

Well last monday i applied for the NiC last monday i paid my money and gave the 2 addresses over the phone. They said they would be sending out a application form for me to signand send back to them but i still have not recieved it. wish i went with elesca already.

Well last monday i applied for the NiC last monday i paid my money and gave the 2 addresses over the phone. They said they would be sending out a application form for me to signand send back to them but i still have not recieved it. wish i went with elesca already.
you will do when they tell your your renewal date is12 months from last monday even though you wont be registered for at least 6 more weeks :eek::eek::eek:

sparkyz21 sent them an email wont hold my breath waiting for a reply will copy and paste reply for all to see when I get it:)

Chris

sparkyz21 sent them an email wont hold my breath waiting for a reply will copy and paste reply for all to see when I get it:)

Chris
ive attached a copy of the application and registration process document for you chris. clearly states on there details of 2 sites for assessment ;)

Attachments

• sorry, another niceic thread!!! img124 - EletriciansForums.net
    img124.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 10

Reply to sorry, another niceic thread!!! in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock