Discuss Sorry to mention stables again but... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

If it’s a work place then the EAWR applies.
If it’s not, then the EAWR does not apply.
I rented a workshop to use as a workshop and garage which had been rated as commercial.
I contacted the Local authority and informed them that it was no longer commercial, and was now only for personal use.

As the garage was no longer used for business and was not a dwelling neither business rates or council tax was charged.

I see the point of hse being involved in the event of a problem, but if the regs aren't law, does it say anywhere that the hse will or can use them as a standard?

"The Regulations are non-statutory. They may, however, be used in a court of law in evidence to claim compliance with a statutory requirement."

Good luck in court if anything happens due to the wiring you did. You can tell them "but I'm willing to take the risk." and see what they say. I'm sure your insurance will be happy to class all damages as null and void as well.

Reply to Sorry to mention stables again but... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Here we go again, another job that has had a council inspection, different council to last time but still perplexing. The problem with these jobs...
Replies
Views
Hi Folks , Just looking for a bit of advice as I'm looking to get back on the tools so please bare with me if this is a bit long winded. I'm a...
Replies
Views
I had an interesting little job this morning. Three sockets in an extension were not working and haven't worked for quite some time (years). It...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone In September 2023 I rented a beautiful 3 bedroom apartment, with all electric supply, no gas powered appliances. I noted down the...
Replies
Views
Hi, need some advice, I moved over from Sse in 2020 to Octpus energy. Whilst I was with SSE I was on E10 when I went over to octopus they put me...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock