Discuss Spammers - A suggestion for quick resolution in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net

Isn't the best temporary solution to make it so all new registered users posts won't go live on the site until reviewed by a mod? I know it inconveniences genuine new members, but I am sure genuine people interested in being a part of the community will understand.

I know I have been on other forums that implement this.
This might also get rid of “how can I wire my shed” and the “light just suddenly stop working and no I haven’t touched it” threads.

back when i was administrator on ark forum and hands on automation forum whenever we got spam bots I would save the ip addresses and add them to the spammers sites list
i would share the list with other forum admins to add to their ban list.
it wasn't a cure all but seriously cut down the amounts we would get

Isn't the best temporary solution to make it so all new registered users posts won't go live on the site until reviewed by a mod? I know it inconveniences genuine new members, but I am sure genuine people interested in being a part of the community will understand.

I know I have been on other forums that implement this.
this does work but it adds a lot of extra work for the forum mods
when they have regular jobs adding an extra couple hours to sort the posts can get old very quickly.

this does work but it adds a lot of extra work for the forum mods
when they have regular jobs adding an extra couple hours to sort the posts can get old very quickly.

That's why @SparkyChick idea is good... Only Spammers get their posts stopped by the group.....
Anyone abusing the power gets a naked pic of me sent to them... They have to pay for their own trauma sessions afterwards..

You might find your web browser runs via a check at Cloudflare before loading the page for the next couple of days.

I'm increased the settings somewhat so that we get rid of these spammers for good.

Hang in there.

Doesn't seem to be working well...

Capture.JPG

I sent lou a pm with a post link to the phpbb forum with their reply on the topic!
hopefully the info can help.
If any of the admin need it I saved the link

one of the things i did on my private training forum at work was to password protect the sub forums, and anyone who was not qualified to access a sub-forum could not even read any topics in that sub-forum!
our company had departments where we had to restrict information for safety reasons, for example you didn't want a general laborer to be able to access programming in the automated equipment, or quality control personnel to access payroll and shipping.

Reply to Spammers - A suggestion for quick resolution in the ElectriciansForums.net News and Updates area at ElectriciansForums.net