Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discuss Spanish home re-wire for friend? in the Non UK Electrical Works area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Tags:
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. V.Cassidy

V.Cassidy EF Member

Hi all,

I have a friend that wants a holiday home in Spain re-wiring. I've never done overseas work before so any tips on the regs I should know or what to expect or prepare for/avoid?

Thanks!

2. Pete999

Pete999 Forum Mentor

Business Name:
    None
    You would need to comply with the Regulations that apply to the country you are working in.
    Appreciate your friend has approached you in order to keep costs down, but a local Electrician who is conversant with the local Regs.by laws etc would be a better option, you could always ask the Local Spark if you can help to try and keep costs down.

3. Dustydazzler

Dustydazzler Regular EF Member

A very brief insight into Costa Del lectrics

• Like Like x 1
  4. buzzlightyear

buzzlightyear please let me back in to the prison cell. Electrician's Arms

no rings just raidails all rcd protected. 100 amp isolater separate ed .what more do you want but a headache.

5. R-fur

R-fur EF Member

Business Name:
    A H Marine Ltd
    They tend to use singles in flexible conduit and radials fed from junction boxes rather than looping. Don't try and use twin and earth as it doesn't comply with Spanish Regs. due to the reduced size uninsulated earth.
    I had a similar request a few weeks ago and after looking through the non-uk section on this forum I decided to pass. There seems to be a few ex pat sparks working in Spain though.

6. V.Cassidy

V.Cassidy EF Member

Thanks, doesn't seem too bad. Working holiday :tearsofjoy::sob: ….so sad!

7. Dustydazzler

Dustydazzler Regular EF Member

I have seen apartments being wired up in Greece

Didn’t look that complicated but be wary of hidden regs or possibly certification issues if your aren’t locally vetted and approved

8. Murdoch

Murdoch Electrician's Arms

Call backs for snagging are going to cost you .....

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. buzzlightyear

buzzlightyear please let me back in to the prison cell. Electrician's Arms

its a shame .