Discuss Spare panel required - can anyone help? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

dansk

-
Reaction score
Due to glass damage i need to replace a customers panel - usual crap with supplier "we don't stock that anymore" you know the drill.

original panel: Caymax (aka CSUN) silver 250w mono.
VOC 37.3
ISC 8.78
Vmpp 30.1
Impp 8.31

1640 x 990 x 50

Maybe an ET 250 would do it - its very close in the spec.

Anyone got a spare panel please DM me or reply to this thread.

TIA

A Renesola JC250M-24B/b might just do it too, just fyi. Height is a little lower though (40mm). They seem to be relatively popular at the moment so maybe someone might have a spare.

suntech are 50mm deep and pretty much the same size, but specs are
Vmpp:30.7 V
Impp:8.15 A
Voc:37.4 V

Length:1640 mm
Width:992 mm
Depth:50 mm

If I remember rightly the Kinve KV250-60M is an IDENTICAL specification to that.

As is the Renesola JC250S-24/Bb.

Hope that helps - you should be able to get the Kinve's

If I remember rightly...
As is the Renesola JC250S-24/Bb.
I'm such a nerd, I somehow knew that wasn't right* - they're 40mm deep as well, and 37.5 V
http://eng.sfe-solar.com/pv-modules/renesola/renesola-jc245-250-255-260s-24bb-monocrystalline-solar-panels/

*and I've had the odd ale tonight

I can't be right all the time :) Wonders what a bit of 10mm thick aluminium packing will do though :tongue:
It'll have to be the Kinve then...

Any thoughts/opinions on the Kinve panels guys? Just curious....

Kinve's in my signature. I decided to "try them" for my own array, in part because there was little info about them.
No noticeable difference in performance compared to other panels in my area on PVOutput, although in my opinion PVOutput is a bit of a surreal world of not entirely accurate readings provided by various add-on equipment of dubious accuracy.

My system is on the Sheffield Solar Farm database. They only want generation meter readings, and also take precise pitch and azimuth into consideration. With those taken into account, my system is usually above average in my area, but there could be a variety of reasons for performance which aren't connected to panel choice.
Link for SSF here:
My PV Database - Microgen Database.

My system identifying number is 774; located just a few miles North of Cambridge (Cambridgeshire).
Change the chart settings to "performance ratio" which adjusts outputs for the differences in orientation/azimuth; it's not fair to compare a ESE-facing 40-degree system directly with a S-facing 35-degree system as mine can never generate more no matter what panels are fitted!

Pic of my 15x250W Kinve below:

solar001cr.jpg

Any thoughts/opinions on the Kinve panels guys? Just curious....
we just quoted against them for a farm job, and had to point out that despite what some of their data sheets say, the warranty documents specifically exclude them from areas with high ammonia levels, and they do not have ammonia resistance test certificates.

Other than that they look ok spec wise, but they are just a basic cheap chinese smallish scale manufacturer, so nowt special about them that I could see other than that they are vertically integrated so at least they do make everything themselves, so aren't getting fobbed off with the worst graded cells etc.

You can also see from the SSF solar performance map, that with the Jet-stream off its usual track, it has particularly badly reduced the performance of systems in the usually dry and sunny East Anglia, as compared to Central England.
Normally we grow grapes, figs, maize (corn), Mediterranean plants and some rare varieties of fruit which can only ripen properly in this area (such as the d'Arcy Spice apple variety which requires more heat, sun and cloudless weather than most parts of the UK can offer - and even then it's not ready to pick until well into November).

Reply to Spare panel required - can anyone help? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock