Discuss Specific controlled motor in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

W

WEIRDGUYWTHAKNF

I need to make a motor that makes 3 revolutions a second for 6 seconds. It needs to be as small of an assembly as possible. I have a very good understanding of how circuitry and components work together as well as individually but don't know what ic would work for this or how to route the wiring. Can any one help me with this? Thank you.

Sounds like you need a small DC stepper motor. What's it driving? Why do you want to make it rather than just buy it off-the-shelf?

When selecting components for this type of project start at the blunt end and work backwards so spec a motor with a form factor that's suitable and sufficient power. Then work backwards by designing a controller circuit that's suitable for your motor then finally work out your components according to what's available locally.

I am unaware to find a motor that only does exactly that, I am not opposed to buying it however this presented a learning oppertunity and challange for me so now I feel I must do so. It is for a customer, I believe she is a film fenatic, she has a camera which uses 35mm film and makes a short video clip with it. It happens to be a hand crank operated device and she doesn't want it to be. Each revolution takes 2 pictures, she wante 6 revolutions a second and there are 36 exposures on a roll of 35mm film. At that ratio, 12 frames a second X 3 seconds = 36 exposures. It has to stop exactly there or it will rip the film out of the canister. Prior to calling me she decided to try a drill motor and destroyed her other camera and by the way she talks about it I can tell I am definatly not the first person she has called about this. Seems completely rediculous to me for 3 seconds of footage but hey people like what they like and she's paying.

Because its at a design theory stage it would be cheaper to buy a camera with the functions she requires, the time effort and material cost to do this would outweigh buying a mass produced off the shelf product... unless you are doing it all gratis and want to impress then Id mull over what I just said.

They do not happen to sell this particular camera with such features. I think it is a total waste of money aside from the fact that it is what she wants, shes an enthusiast as well as, I believe, financially secure so to speak so moneys not an issue at that point. It must be nice, if I had money to burn like such I would waste it in far more interesting ways as well as buy up 1/2 of the worlds firecracker industry and just throw them at everyone all day. I don't even know this broad and already have a fantastic Lover so there is no desire to impress her however I am always looking to impress myself.

Fair enough .. I do big motors so not on the level your requiring but wish you all the best in your search for a solution ... I also like the obscure projects it keeps the grey stuff ticking :)

Reply to Specific controlled motor in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock