Discuss Spiritual Earthing.. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Stuart27

-
Trainee
Reaction score
OK, so this isn't really my thing, it's more my partners. She's really into all things spiritual and she came across this technique known as Spiritual Earthing(or Grounding) which I thought was quite intriguing and may have some scientific merit to it.

I don't fully understand the process but I think the concept is pretty simple, we're basically electrical beings that have been isolated from "Mother Earth" because in our every day lives we hardly ever touch Earth with our bare skin.
And by connecting our body to earth, electrons will flow, causing a balance in our electrical energy that will potentially have positive health effects..

So this gave me an idea and my question is this... Could I achieve this Earthing process by simply sewing some metallic threads into our bed sheets and connecting it to an earth point in the bedroom, from a light switch or power socket for example? Or would I just be exposing the bed (and us) to a potentially fatal fault current?
I don't think connecting an earth wire to our bed would be dangerous in any way, but I thought i'd ask the question just to be sure.

What do you guys think about this process? Have you heard of it before? There seems to be a lot of medical and scientific research gone into it..

Surely you could achieve the same effect by touching anything metal in your house that was correctly earthed?
A correctly installed electrical system should act as a Faraday cage so in theory there should be no danger in your proposal but that does depend on previous good quality workmanship and regular maintenance to ensure it is still correctly installed and if it isn't then yes it could be potentially dangerous.
I can't comment on whether this earthing idea makes any difference but I have heard of the idea from people I know who have more New Age type beliefs and like to dance or walk barefoot on the grass for this reason.

To be honest 90% of the members on here suffer from one or more of the following.

Below is a list of some of the more common symptoms of being ungrounded. Usually each individual will encounter the same one or two symptoms each time they are ungrounded.

Screenshot 2019-01-19 at 08.34.29.jpg

Earthing Sleep, Grounding Sleep, - https://www.barefoothealing.com.au/c/night/5822 if I was going to do it I'd bond the bed to a radiator rather than an electrical outlet, combine the elements, earth & water :)
Looks like there is as much money to be made with this earthing stuff as with the 'audiophile' fuses.
If asked by a potential client I'd recommend a dedicated earth stake and earthing conductor, routed a minimum 450mm from all other cables in the house to ensure there is no induced currents or electrical noise.

Jeez I see some people are making good money out of this!!! I don't suppose anyone has any scientific proof of the benefits of being 'grounded'?

I can sell people earthing wrist bands if anyone is interested. I buy them for 2 quid on ebay, relabel them as 'healing spiritual grounding devices' and knock them out at 50 quid a time.

Only kidding by the way. But the guys selling the foil covered pillows must have big smiles on their faces. And not because of the grounding effects :)

What do you guys think about this process? Have you heard of it before?
Yes I have heard of it. Read the book Abramelin for further information. Ideally I should be done in the region of your place of birth. What do I think? It and so many other new age religions, ologies, isms, are essentially the doctrine of demons. These methods and means are all meant to take you away from study and knowledge of the one and only Father in heaven on high. Just my opinion mind you and I assure you judgement on my part comes out of this. Just a gentle reminder to you of what is and is not true.

Yes I have heard of it. Read the book Abramelin for further information. Ideally I should be done in the region of your place of birth. What do I think? It and so many other new age religions, ologies, isms, are essentially the doctrine of demons. These methods and means are all meant to take you away from study and knowledge of the one and only Father in heaven on high. Just my opinion mind you and I assure you judgement on my part comes out of this. Just a gentle reminder to you of what is and is not true.

The thing is, these sort of ideas where in use long before mainstream religion came along and the ones higher up the ladder realised that they could use "God" and fear to control the masses.

If you read in to a bit deeper there are certain elements that you realise "work".

bond the bed to a radiator rather than an electrical outlet, combine the elements, earth & water :)
You forgot fire, you'd need a gas pipepintoipe the mix too for that!
If asked by a potential client I'd recommend a dedicated earth stake and earthing conductor, routed a minimum 450mm from all other cables in the house to ensure there is no induced currents or electrical noise
That would be an extraneous conductive part so don't forget to bond it! Or move the bed to an outbuilding without an electricity supply or a different method of protection than ads.

I do love the concept of draining all my un-wanted, negative energy ,with earth contact .
(obviously why the frugal part of me likes camping).
--Knowing "My Luck" I will drain my positive energy-
-If any science is involved--
.... If you believe - IT Will Work ...
(a proven part of the human condition) a +MA.

I do love the concept of draining all my un-wanted, negative energy ,with earth contact .
(obviously why the frugal part of me likes camping).
--Knowing "My Luck" I will drain my positive energy-
-If any science is involved--
.... If you believe - IT Will Work ...
(a proven part of the human condition) a +MA.

I'm a great believer in the placebo effect. More study needs to be done on this and the positive impact it can have on human health. In secret of course ;)

This spiritual earthing is nothing more than Pseudoscience, there is no scientific backing and even the concept is electrically wrong, does it benefit a person who believes?.. it can but for very different reasons than it is actually real, often the believer can use it to relax and also change their mood and or stress levels which is beneficial to health.

It is like a psychological placebo effect seen from a sugar pill.

I wouldn't tell her any of this though, you probably have a calm laid back happy wife, destroying ones belief system can have lasting consequences.

Reply to Spiritual Earthing.. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net