Discuss Split Circuits in the Canada area at ElectriciansForums.net

E

elektrisien

Hi,
I need seem advice. This may be quite simple but I would appreciate it if somebody can explain it to me. The electricians onsite only mumble when I ask them, to lazy to explain it to me.
We are installing lighting circuits in a hotel along the corridors. The are uppers and downers the length of the corridor. Where the cable go into the distribution room, they are all terminated in a metal box with connectors. From these connectors the feed will go to the rcd etc. Does that make sense ? The Reason being , as I can understand, is that its split circuits. There are more than one cable per circuit entering this metal box. Obviously you cannot connect 2 or 3 cables for the same circuit in 1 RCD. So the purpose of this box with the connectors, is basically to serve as a consolidation point for the multiple cables for each circuit, before it feeds to the circuit breaker or BMS control.
Does that make sense ? I am only the mate, and its the first time I work on this kind of commercial installation. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.

Reply to Split Circuits in the Canada area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I live in a warehouse condo, converted about 20 years ago. The building dates to about 1870 but with the conversion, all of the electrical was...
Replies
Views
Hi again. Following my recent zero-Riso issue (unresolved) and also because my system has, in any case, been prone for a good while to the odd...
Replies
Views
I'm getting an old fuse board upgraded in an office block. The electrician has just told me that most of the circuits don't have earth cables...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've been getting into electrical work these last few months, and have gone from doing rudimentary battery-switch-bulb diagrams to...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I wondered if anyone could help me with something that has been niggling me please?! When a Solar PV feed in circuit is installed...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock