Discuss Split concentric sub mains in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Looking for a bit of advice here. Just started doing work at a large hotel recently and the wiring is a bit of a shambles but the owners realise it's been bodged for years and are willing to spend the money required to put it right as we find it. Got called today to say a resident got a shock whilst standing on the metal drain and touched the metal mixer shower. I found that the property is one of 8 self contained lodges built about 15 years ago. The setup is a 3ph db feeding 16mm split concentric cables (1 to each property). Two of the properties (one being the one in question) is wired in dno concentric (aluminium core with copper neutral sheath). The two lodges have been taken off for rental until I rewire these two submains in swa. I also need to replace the 3ph db as its in a terrible state ie butchered, rusted etc. my query is, do I need to provide rcd protection for the remaining split con sub mains? They are currently buried under ground(not sure if ducted etc) and there are 16th ed. split db's in the lodges. Pme Earth. Oh and where the split concentrics are terminated at the lodges, they have used dno cutouts where the n-e are combined!! That is next on the list!!

Reply to Split concentric sub mains in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

In a property with two consumer units one for the ring main etc., and the other for the 1970s storage heaters (storage heater CU looks like it’s...
Replies
Views
Hello all. 17th edition sparky here, but not been on site for the last 3/4 years (had a bit of an accident). Just bought a house with a 16mm 3...
Replies
Views
Hello all, Looking for help here as I've come across a strange call-out today. Bare with me here: Got a call from a customer saying they had...
Replies
Views
Hello all. I have visited a domestic property with two consumer units, one downstairs and then a separate one for upstairs. The upstairs is fed by...
Replies
Views
Hi all, looking for a bit of advice and confirmation on my proposed plans for a SWA sub main to a ISO metal storage container. I've calculated the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock