Discuss Split metered DB in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Leesparkykent

Esteemed
Reaction score
Does any one know of any makes at a reasonable price? I'm pricing some offices ATM and to comply with part L2 I want to install a split metered TPN board on each floor for lighting and power and another metered DB on the ground floor for the aircon....Trouble is the prices seem ridiculous to me.

I doubt that anyone other than the big names are making them as they are likely only specified on bigger jobs where big name brands are specified.

Your best bet for an economically viable install is probably 2x smaller DBs with metering.

I doubt that anyone other than the big names are making them as they are likely only specified on bigger jobs where big name brands are specified.

Your best bet for an economically viable install is probably 2x smaller DBs with metering.
This is design and build. I'm waiting on my wholesaler to get back to me on eaton but after looking at internet prices I'm not holding my breath. Installing standard DB's etc comes in at 7K, split metering is looking at around 10.5K at the moment......

As said before the Eaton boards are really well made and easy to install, shame they cost an arm and leg.
The company we sub contract to only use MK, Eaton etc. therefore the amount bought gives them top discount however don't think you will get better deal and decent D.B's to wire.Using the trunking interface reduces time cutting paxeling.

Reply to Split metered DB in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I have a large gym in the garden and it gets ridiculously hot in the summer. I have utilised pretty much every inch of space and do not want to...
Replies
Views
Hello, Looking for some advice following a botched 3 phase upgrade today. Some background: Commercial unit originally fitted out (4 years ago)...
Replies
Views
Morning guys, I would like some advice, currently at my workplace, I am replacing a DB and existing wiring in a warehouse. One of the ways feeds...
Replies
Views
Hi all, existing office building that is being refurbished. Existing DBs (single meter for small power & lighting) need to be replaced. Should...
Replies
Views
Hi there, long time lurker, first time poster here. Straight down to it.. A friend asked me to add some sockets and additional lights to a small...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock