Discuss splitting a 100 amp supply for 3 DB's in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

W

woodsta

I have been given a spec on a job from a builder and it has been suggested in the spec that we should use a 100 amp supply which is currently feeding 1 DB to split it to supply 3 DB's. So using the supply to go into a sub main board. Off this they want to supply 2 flats and a communal mobility charger room Db. each flat will have a cooker and hob supply and elec showers and the charger room will have approximately 15 sockets. I'm thinking the flats would need there own independent supplies.

A 100A 3phase head would be more ideal then you could install a BNO network and have the flats and landlords seperatly metered. I would raise your concerns with the builder over the spec and go from there.

I have been given a spec on a job from a builder and it has been suggested in the spec that we should use a 100 amp supply which is currently feeding 1 DB to split it to supply 3 DB's. So using the supply to go into a sub main board. Off this they want to supply 2 flats and a communal mobility charger room Db. each flat will have a cooker and hob supply and elec showers and the charger room will have approximately 15 sockets. I'm thinking the flats would need there own independent supplies.
Are they having baths installed if so there must be hot water availability which the showers could be connected to?

Well off the top of my head I get a max demand that exceeds that supply in strict terms, any chance of a 3 phase supply?
for a 2 core its 146Amps but have to allow for volt drop also but its only a 30m run to main sub main panel. If they will let us clip direct (which I doubt) I would put three phase supply in. I guess we go back to the drawing board and the builder

for a 2 core its 146Amps but have to allow for volt drop also but its only a 30m run to main sub main panel. If they will let us clip direct (which I doubt) I would put three phase supply in. I guess we go back to the drawing board and the builder

I don't think that's woodsta's point.

100A just isn't enough, period.

Reply to splitting a 100 amp supply for 3 DB's in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net