Discuss Spons or Luckins guides in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

stimpy

Just wondering which and why folk are using?. Am aware plenty of folk don't use them... Am interested in labour times, wastage etc. Fine on material costs.

Have an old Spons book - 2006 - i presume labour 'time' should still be comparable?

Also, after a quick google i only saw Amtec selling the Luckins guide - is this compiled by them?.

Thanks in advance.

tumbleweed2.gif

I've only ever used Spons. They are ok as a guide but would never price a job using them as from past experience they usually come out more expensive and you wouldn't likely win much work. Could perhaps use them when pricing variations to contract.

I've only ever used Spons. They are ok as a guide but would never price a job using them as from past experience they usually come out more expensive and you wouldn't likely win much work. Could perhaps use them when pricing variations to contract.

So what have you used it for? Or just initial guides?. I certainly feel some items in my spons seem a little generous. Though perhaps these time estimations allow in part for 'reality' time?. Haven't spent enough time with it tbh to know..

I have purchased a luckins guide now and will see what i think, Just wanted a crutch/confirmation of labour times on these larger jobs added to some components i do not do regularly enough to 'know' exactly how long they would take.

Yes I just used them as a checking guide and if I wanted a quick ball park figure. Remember, everyone's overheads are different and the spons guide may well suit others.

Reply to Spons or Luckins guides in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net