Discuss Spot Light / Downlighters Installation?? in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

G

golding181419

Hello all, I have got quite a good understanding about electrical installations but have never installed Downlighters? I'm doing a job on my own small living room and want to install new LED downlights; the room currently has a normal ceiling rose in the middle of it and I would like to install 6 spots I have access through the floor boards upstairs to give you an idea. The main thing is I don't understand how the wiring works?? Is there any one that can explain to me the steps I need to take in the wiring process please? e.g. size and type of cable and if junction or chock boxes are used in the installation.. Also if someone knows a handy video or diagram of a step by step process that would be totally awesome!! Best Regards Chris

Downlights can be difficult to install especially on getting the spacing of the holes right.
It may be easiest for you to look for a few websites that explain the process as it can be quite in depth.
Make sure any junction boxes you use to connect the downlights can be removed from the downlight holes for future maintenance.
Read the instructions on the downlights that detail the spaces needed either side and above the downlight and ensure you have enough space.

I would also recommend planning on being able to repair the ceiling once you have a hole in the wrong place, e.g. just beside a joist, very easy to do.

I hope your thanks post from the OP is in the lists of posts that the Mods have to check...

why fit separate transformers/drivers, when GU10 fittings don't use them?

Reply to Spot Light / Downlighters Installation?? in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock