Discuss spur distance from draining board? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

mark7600

Hi Do you know the min distance for a fcu from a draining board? It is a small kitchen with work top adj to bottom of draining board of sink. I have a dbl skt and 2x fcu to go above work top and the last one is around 25mm to the side.

I don't think there is one. I would suggest that the accessory be of the correct IP rating, of course.

We had this with socket outlets once and while advisable to keep it away from the sink as you wouldn't expect a kettle, for example, to be in use where it could fall into the sink, the only real other problem was the environment i.e. possible splashing from water.

Building Regs guidance is clear on 300mm minimum from a sink (or even a draining board)

Our Regs are not specific for every eventuality but due consideration should always be given to`external influences`

I`d have thought that common sense would lead you to either re-position, or if thats really not possible, IP rate accessories to a minimum of 44 - not quite sure how the client will like those, but i`m assuming their the ones pressuring you on the positioning? Maybe they`d see sense.

Personally i wouldn`t even consider doing it any other way. But you`re the one certificating it i guess...

moved the spur away from draining board, so it is 400mm away. A lot happier now with the new position. Will look better and safer now.

Reply to spur distance from draining board? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, Small flat, currently has a small'ish feed water tank, top of a cupboard, feed through a wall into under stairs cupboard. Hot water tank...
Replies
Views
I wonder if any one can give me some advice. I live in a fairly new build house it's 11 years old. In our kitchen there is a fused spur switch on...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone Ive just had an electrical condition report conducted on a mixed-use property, and I am extremely surprised that after the last report...
Replies
Views
Morning all So the site I'm based at recently had some work done (think partitioners). This package of work included electrical. This was...
Replies
Views
Hello my name is Hanson and I am new to these forums, I am a retired plumber. I recently purchased a freehold ex local authority 3 bed property...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock