Discuss Spur from ring final circuit into shed 2 way DB in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

Paul Downham

Hi all,

I need to run power to a shed but access to the main indorr DB is very awkward. I plan to do the following but would welcome your comments;

The customer requires the following;

• Power to a 2 way board in the shed
  • Power from the shed 2 way board to an IP66 FS (5A) for a pond pump
  • power from the pond pump IP66 FS to another IP66 FS (5A) for garden lighting at some point in the future
I plan to;

• Run a cable from the GF ring in 2.5 t&e to outside and terminate in an IP66 13A FS mounted on the external rear wall
  • Run 2.5 SWA from the IP66 13A FS to the shed
  • Mount a 2 way board in the shed (has 16A and 6A MCB's) and a 30Ma RCD
  • Earth spike from board (TT system) in 10mm CPC
  • Run 2.5 SWA from DB 16A MCB to IP66 5A FS for pond pump
  • Run 2.5 SWA from IP66 5A FS pond pump supply side to next IP66 5A FS and terminate
I would welcome your comments as I am unsure about 13A FS to another DB. I have read the following but this doesn't cater for this situation http://electrical.------.org/wiring-...6/complete.cfm

Many thanks

Paul

i would seriously rethink access to the CU.

Why put in another db, if you are coming off the ring, presumably 32A Rcd protected, then a fcu feeding two more FCU's would be OK. The problem lies with the RCD, any faults in the shed/pump/lts will trip the ring RCD in the house whether you put another RCD in the shed or not.

Thanks guys. Comments noted.

Have asked the customer if a 2 way board is required.

If not, I will spur from GF ring into 13A FS and go straight to pond pump 5A spur and onto further point 5A spur.

Reply to Spur from ring final circuit into shed 2 way DB in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net