Discuss spur out to garage.... in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

sparkymarky123

I'll keep it to the point as poss. Just asking for you guys to please check if the following spur off is ok. Please see the pic below in conjunction.

House C.U is at the opposite end of the house to the garage. Not looking to run more than 13a out in the garage. So for those reasons am just looking to spur off living room socket and out to garage.

House spur will be inside the house on the downstairs ring and it is the only spur.

Garage is 15m from living room socket - Adding up my envisaged power and LED lighting loads (jet washer, radio, lead lamp, laptop) i'm coming in around 2000 watts max for everything on at once. So well under the 13A max.

15m of 4mm SWA to garage - i could get away with 2.5mm swa according to volts drop/load calculator.
However i'll upgrade to 4mm to cover any future needs if i go to House CU.

I already have 2.5mm T+E so will be using that in the garage. Overkill but its available.

I know you cant spur off a spur but although i have three sockets in the garage i am not exceeding the 13a limit imposed by the new house fcu. And i dont and wont have enough items to use to draw more than 13a anyway even if all plugged in to all sockets at once.

2unvvva.jpg

Is main protective bonding required though as it is a separate building or is it all plastic pipework.

wot he said ^^^^^. also, you'll need a wiska box for the PIR/LED as they come with a pre fitted flex. (to join your T/E to the flex).

Is main protective bonding required though as it is a separate building or is it all plastic pipework.
probably not got any water or gas in the garage. helps to be sure though.

OP has missed out a vital component though. i've studied his drawing and can't for the life of me see a Bar.

he only metal in a bar should be the brass of the hand pull.

Thanks for the replies so far guys,

Seems okay to me assuming the existing socket on on the ring final and rcd protected.

Not sure if its the final socket on the ring? But yes, rcd protected......

I reread it and saw power washer.

I was considering running a water garden hose into the garage but i wont bother if its going to cause issues. No gas pipes or other metal of any sort though.

Thanks for the replies so far guys,

Not sure if its the final socket on the ring? But yes, rcd protected......

I was considering running a water garden hose into the garage but i wont bother if its going to cause issues. No gas pipes or other metal of any sort though.

I take it i need to earth the swa outer braid? If so, what are my options please chappies?

I take it i need to earth the swa outer braid? If so, what are my options please chappies?
come off your FCU in the house with T/E, through wall into an IP65 adaptable box. then gland SWA into ad. box, using banjo and fly lead .

Reply to spur out to garage.... in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net