Discuss sqaure d breakers in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Is a type 3 sqaure d braker equivelent to a type c breaker been to house was asked to fit mcb c32 to protect an oven and hob at roughly 6kw without diversty i know its not the norm to fit type c breakers for fixed restive loads i know they are used for comercial purposes where there is a high start up current. reluctent to fit type c breaker because it trips at Type C trips between 5 and 10 times full load current.

yeah was thinking that my self but d type not within zs calcs and wouldnt be happy putting d type in domestic as would take way to long to trip if fault were to occur.

type 3 is nearest equivalent to type D. as said, Zs will probably be too high to comply. . fit a type 2 (C).

may have to fit this breaker as person moving in on wed and told them it would be ready dont see it as being dangerous they supplied breaker not the norm but i dont think it breaks any regs. tin hat on! take a few more days to source another sqaure d breaker not common now days.

dont have tester at the moment shall be getting one tomorow i belive the max zs for type c mcb is 0.58 will have to test this tomorow and see and if results fail will just have to explain to customer that cant be fitted as if above this value wouldnt trip within the required times.

0.29 roughly for type 3, if you have to wait you have to wait..

- - - Updated - - -

Or buy a 2 way enclosure and mcb and some tails, probably cheaper..

Reply to sqaure d breakers in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all I have a bench saw which is tripping a 100amp breaker on a workshop spread. The question i have is how does a D curve breaker work? I...
Replies
Views
Hi all, First post here so go steady. Recently installed a small radial circuit in my garage with 2.5, took it from a B16 breaker run through...
Replies
Views
Hi I am a sparks from the 15th Ed, did 16, 17 and last year 18th. I am out of practice though as have been office based for 12+ years in a...
Replies
Views
We just had a range oven fitted (gas on hob with two electric ovens - total power rated at 5.3Kw) so a 32Amp mcb is in the board on the dedicated...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, I have been asked to install a cooker and hob built in one (total load 15kw ish), the customer has already 6mm installed from...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock