Discuss SSE DNO FIT potential problem 16A in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

M

marmaduke

I have a quote which I would like to go ahead with, but with the proposed cut off with fits, will the below system have any problems with SSE DNO and how would I complete the application form to ensure no problems as there is no space to state two invertors. or would it be safer to reduce by one panel to take total to 3610 watts.

3800 watts total

2280 watts one string, 950 second string power one 3.0 outd
760 watts Soladin 600

thanks

Darren

I would have thought you would be better using a power 1 3.6 which has 2 trackers. cheaper and easier.
SSE are interested in the inverter output so no problem putting a 4kw system in as long as it's allied to a 3.6kw inverter.
I haven't done the math to check your lower string against the minimum inputs on the power one though

thanks moggy1968 but info perhaps not clear enough 2280 string and 950 string different inclinations same direction - one at 35 other at 21 degrees

also typo on soladin should read 570 watts different direction to other strings hence two inverters

Darren

Last edited by a moderator:
the power one has 2 MPPT trackers so can handle different orientations and outputs. I'm about to put one on an install with 8 panels on a west roof, 8 on an east. it's aget out of jail inverter!!

The trouble is I have three seperate requirements due to orientation and inclination differences thus I need two inverters the question is will the combination of a power one 3.0 and soladin 600 be acceptable to my DNO with 3800 watts as could potentially go over 16A

If you mean UK Power Networks (DNO) then they are pretty adamant about the 16 amps (240 volts) limit. The SSE will only care what output you declare for FIT's. So keep it within 16 amps (3840w) on the commissioning form.

Reply to SSE DNO FIT potential problem 16A in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net