Discuss Standalone PIR sensor in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

H

highspark

Having problem with a PIR. It's only supplying 1 x garden light @ 60w. Very small load. Basically sensor is switching over fine. However the light is illuminated constantly very dim. Once PIR kicks in it goes to full brightness. Though I had faulty sensor took it back and swopped it.... Same problem. Connections are Live in, live out and neutral.... Any idea's?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like semi conductor (triac).....suggest switching a relay or contactor via pir first, then used the relay/contactor to switch the led fitting.

areyousureit'snot afitting that illuminates dim when dark and bright when triggered.

why spoilthefun?

he's been banned, but nobody knows why, i've not seen any offensive posts by him.

he's been banned, but nobody knows why, i've not seen any offensive posts by him.
He was being a tad spikey last night, it doesn't seem to take much these days. I don't think the kind of general workplace banter is tolerated on here. He didn't seem the sort to tolerate fools easily, so maybe not the best arena for him.

problem is that the forum's getting so pc and idiot friendly, it's worse than faceache

problem is that the forum's getting so pc and idiot friendly, it's worse than faceache
I'm not sure what faceache is but it sounds painful, but your quite right. Some of the stupid threads on here lately have been eye watering for so-called electricians, lights in vans and suchlike carp. To be honest its getting to the point where it is not worth it lately, which is a shame. Some of the basic stuff that gets asked on here is what some guys were probably doing with their meccano electric kits when they were 12, I know I was.

face ache. us educated ppls. slang for facebook, where it's all women slagging off other women, and blokes trying to get it off with the ones that aren't gargoyles.

Reply to Standalone PIR sensor in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock