Discuss Standalone system in a mobile catering unit ideas please in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

Ramjam

Hi,

So far I have only installed grid tied PV systems but the son of an existing customer wants to have a PV system on his mobile catering unit. Does anyone have a suggested solution, supplier or advice please?

Looking to run a fridge and a microwave as well as some small lights, no big current using appliances.

Cheers in anticipation.

Try Marlec, there into boats and traffic signage, so i guess they will have something to do the job, maybe he would be better of with a small wind turbine.

Panels, batteries and off-grid inverter will work well in summer but won't run a microwave and will struggle with a fridge. Generator will probably work out cheaper and cover large loads like a kettle.
Have experience of off-grid stuff, get in touch if you need help
Paul

Reply to Standalone system in a mobile catering unit ideas please in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello All Can I say to start with I am not an electrician but used to be a heating engineer (yes I can hear the groans). I have wired the...
Replies
Views
Hello all, To avoid too techy questions, i am the consumer not he installer. I have raised the issue with my installer who is researching it...
Replies
Views
Hi all. First, I have to admit that i have no experience and very little knowledge in electrics and I'm therefore looking for some general...
Replies
Views
Adam W
A
Hi folks, This is my first post, I hope you're all well and surviving the lockdown. Long story short, I had an electrician who was going to do...
Replies
Views
Hi All Planning an off-grid solar system and I’m pretty confident about most of it except for one thing - earthing. I believe the inverter I...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock