Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. angel While you're here, woud you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

Discuss Starrett KA19-N Oops Arbor - Two hole saws on one arbour in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Tags:
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Midwest

Midwest Electrician's Arms

I know someone posted on this subject quite recently, but can't find it, regarding a new arbour which you can fit two hole saws, one to act as a pilot to enlarge an existing hole.

I tend to use the old 'cut at an angle' trick with the larger hole saw, but I've got a 60min ceiling thickness, and it's gonna make a bit of a mess with that trick.

Can't find that thread, googled and found the above Starrett one, but I thought it was something newer?

2. Wilko

Wilko Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    Wilko Electrics
    • Like Like x 1
  3. rsgaz

rsgaz Regular EF Member

Have you looked closely at your current holesaw arbour?
    There may be a little bit of thread poking through the bigger holesaw, which you can just about thread on the smaller size.

[​IMG]

Trickier to separate after if the 'anti-jam' pins won't reach the front holesaw, so put some grease where the holesaws contact each other.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. mhar

mhar Electrician's Arms

I just get something like a bit of 5-10mm ply and make the required size hole in it and use it as a template (holding it in place whilst drilling the new hole

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  5. Murdoch

Murdoch Electrician's Arms

My "Old" Arbor will allow you to use 2 hole saws ...

Have you tried the one you have?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Midwest

Thanks, I'll have a look. Both me arbours are ancient, circa 1980 and one is jammed with a hole saw :oops:

7. Jim90

Jim90 Jim1990

Drilling 25mm holes and the 20mm knockout comes out of a box and you have to put like a reel of tape around a 20mm wholesaw to fit snuggly in a 25mm wholesaw!
    Those were the days. Too poor to buy cone cutters!

• Creative Creative x 2
  8. 123

123 Electrician's Arms

CK also do one, I think it's slightly cheaper, here

9. sam400

sam400 Regular EF Member

Oops arbors are brilliant ,well worth having in your holesaw set. It's got me out of bother a few times now.

Sam

10. Midwest

How do these arbours fit into your existing arbour or do they? Looking at the Starrett web site, they seem to have different shanks for different arbours.

11. 123

123 Electrician's Arms

They replace the 6mm pilot bit

• Like Like x 1