Discuss Starting my 2365 at able skills, what are there courses like in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

D

danielc4514

Hi all, I'm booking my 2365 tomorrow with ableskills, I was just wondering have any of you done it there? Will I get all the proper certification that you'd get at collage. I only ask as I have seen on watchdog etc in the past that people have spent thousands on qualifications that aren't worth anything.

thanks dan

what's the duration of the course. if it's a few weeks, then it's mickey mouse.

Dan. I have done Part P with them. I found them fine. Good training bays, good instructors etc.

My only comment is that hands on experience is also very important.

You will get a right mixed bag of comments on this forum.

Best of luck

what's the duration of the course. if it's a few weeks, then it's mickey mouse.

I just looked at their website .....
gold card electrician package 2382, 2365 lvl 2 and 3, 2394, 2395 .. 16 weeks with NVQ3 and AM2 to follow ..... apparently you only need one practical assessment to get through all that lot

a mere £8k !!!

If I tried to force that amount of info into my head in that time I would come away after 16 weeks drooling and not knowing which way was up.... learning takes time to absorb.

I am going to do the weekend course, which involves two weekends a month for 9 months. They seem to have been very honest and said its gonna involve a lot of home study as well. I have been working on domestic properties for the past 6 months now and hope that will help greatly when comes to the course. I know the collage courses only do two 3 hour sessions in there night courses so seems better in my oppinion as you are spending full days learning. That gold package I think is more for the electritians that have been doing it for year yet dnt yet have the qualifications.

I am going to do the weekend course, which involves two weekends a month for 9 months. They seem to have been very honest and said its gonna involve a lot of home study as well. I have been working on domestic properties for the past 6 months now and hope that will help greatly when comes to the course. I know the collage courses only do two 3 hour sessions in there night courses so seems better in my oppinion as you are spending full days learning. That gold package I think is more for the electritians that have been doing it for year yet dnt yet have the qualifications.
The college I went to (day release) did a 2 hour practical session every week we were there - a total of 120 hours practical sessions for the level 2.

Oh God NO ! ! ! !

Not another incompetent Electrical Trainee in the making. Thinking they'll know it all after the so called trainers have taken their £8000.

Firstly have you even read the thread?
secondly have I once said I'm gonna do this course and be fully qualified?
thirdly, have I or have I not said in in full time employment as an electritians mate?
i am taking my course as if anything goes wrong with my employment I can further my training with another electrical company and secondly, it will add invaluable information that I will most probably never learn on site.

I think you need to re read the thread mate and not be so negative

a/ I’m not your mate. Far from it.
b/ you won’t be a fully qualified, competent electrician at the end of your £8000 course.
c/ I’m not negative, I’m 100% positive you’re being ripped off.

#3 mate posted a reply and thought maybe it's something to be proud of, being all part P and that...
It's been a long day.

Your right ur not my mate, ur a jumped up electritian putting people down on things you haven't even gt ur facts right on. Where above does it say I'm spending £8000 on a course???? Secondly even a level 2 collage course costs £1500+ for 24+ year olds. If you ain't gonna spend the time to read the thread, and are gonna be rude thinks it's best you dnt say anything. To every one else thank you for your input.

Dan. I have done Part P with them. I found them fine. Good training bays, good instructors etc.

My only comment is that hands on experience is also very important.

You will get a right mixed bag of comments on this forum.

Best of luck
:smilielol5:You should have down loaded the paper for free off the government website.

Reply to Starting my 2365 at able skills, what are there courses like in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock