• IMPORTANT: Please note that nobody on this forum should be seeking from or providing advice to those who are not competent and / or trained and qualified in their field (local laws permitting). There is a discussion thread on this global industry-wide matter HERE. This also has more information about the warning with regards to sharing electrical advice in some countries. By using this forum you do so in agreement to this.

Commercial Steeple RCBO

Discuss Steeple RCBO in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

B

BathSparks

I wanted to add a couple of sockets by the windows of a small clothes shop. The easiest way, I thought, was to create a new, radial circuit. The C.U. is a Steeple and there are two spare ways into the board.
The existing circuits are protected by RCBOs so I bought a new one from Denmans.
When I came to install it there was a problem. The 'heal' of the RCBO is too long and prohibits its use as this interferes with the other circuits. New and old RCBOs are referred to as 'DSBRCBO20B' for a 20 Amp and are EN61009-1.
I have looked on Ebay and can see 32A and 6A versions of the RCBO I am looking for.
16A and 20A versions only show the box they come in?! So they may be the wrong typeSteeple RCBO Steeple_2 - EletriciansForums.net
Type E are older than these I believe.
When putting the bus-bar, the RCBO in slot one turns for ever and looks like a stripped thread (have ordered one of these from Ebay).
All in all, what started as a simple job as turned into a bit of a nightmare.

Had a similar problem with steeple, very frustrating when they change the size of mcbs and don't have anything to fit in existing boards that aren't that old.

Had a similar problem with steeple, very frustrating when they change the size of mcbs and don't have anything to fit in existing boards that aren't that old.
Yer, I believe it is called 'planned obsolescence' by some pinstripe suited accountant, it sucks.

Looking at that photo, it's the original RCBO'S that are wrong going by the gap between busbar and breakers, that or the main switch is wrong!! lol!!

aBO is spot on with the main switch and the original RCBos are the wrong ones. and that copper showing on the right end of the busbar, now that's a shocker!. LOL.

Reply to Steeple RCBO in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back