Discuss Step Down converter needed? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

I spoke to a friend who is also an electrician today, and he basically cleared up everything for me and literally said what's just been said here today, I've bought a transformer he suggested on Ebay and after looking at the thread I made a good purchase, I'll still keep you up to date though.

I spoke to a friend who is also an electrician today, and he basically cleared up everything for me and literally said what's just been said here today, I've bought a transformer he suggested on Ebay and after looking at the thread I made a good purchase, I'll still keep you up to date though.

Oh heck, I'm too late to add anything constructive now you've bought the transformer, but the manual on scribd you linked to shows the circuit diagram of the power supply and that it is a simple matter of removing one link and fitting another to convert it from voltage doubler (nominal 120V input) to bridge rectifier (nominal 230V input), though the PCB layout diagram is of too poor resolution to see where they are. A competent technician would have no problem doing it, though.

Oh heck, I'm too late to add anything constructive now you've bought the transformer, but the manual on scribd you linked to shows the circuit diagram of the power supply and that it is a simple matter of removing one link and fitting another to convert it from voltage doubler (nominal 120V input) to bridge rectifier (nominal 230V input), though the PCB layout diagram is of too poor resolution to see where they are. A competent technician would have no problem doing it, though.

Good spot.

Edit. To the OP. Can we have a link to the transformer you bought please?

One problem with repatching the PSU input to 230V though, is that various other bits - RFI suppressors, flex, switch etc - might be UL approved 120V versions not suitable or approved for 230V. Sorry have not read manual so not sure which apply to this unit.

The transoformer and speaker both arrived today, and it all works. The sound comes out of the speaker and the converter doesn't make a lot of noise, perfect. Thanks to everyone who helped me. :D

The transoformer and speaker both arrived today, and it all works. The sound comes out of the speaker and the converter doesn't make a lot of noise, perfect. Thanks to everyone who helped me. :D

As above mate... Any change of a link to the transformer you bought.

Reply to Step Down converter needed? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net