Discuss stick to house bashing !!!! in the FreeSat, Sky, VirginMedia Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

stidge

-
Arms
Reaction score
Hi all, ive rewired my brothers house and have taken a shotgun coax from 5 x points into the loft ! ( I think ive messed up ). they are going to have 5 separate sky + boxes (BIG FAMILY).Can I use a loft box so they can all be used separately with 1 x shotgun coming from LNB ? Is this possible or is there a better way ? thanks in advance ( ill stick to house bashing)

Sky doesn't work like that, with what you've got you could have 2 dishs outside and 5 twins coming in hen joint in the the loft or get a dish and quatro lnb run 4 coaxes out to the dish and have a multiswitch in the loft.

I have a 5 way LMB on my dish, you run the 5 shotgun cables straight to the dish and then you have seperate boxes, you will be fine, just tell sky they will need the engineer to bring a 5 way LMB.

I have a 5 way LMB on my dish, you run the 5 shotgun cables straight to the dish and then you have seperate boxes, you will be fine, just tell sky they will need the engineer to bring a 5 way LMB.

What are you on about lol. 5 way LMB indeed. He needs 10. A LNB would be more useful and they only make that upto 8 way (Octo). Stick to trolling bud, you are better at it :)

if sky plus to all 5 rooms then you could either have 2 dishes with 4 connected to one and the 5th to a second,or if not all sky plus then like me I have 6 cables connected to my LNB, the sky plus in the lounge with 2 wires and 4 freeview sat boxes throughout the house which only need one cable each.

if sky plus to all 5 rooms then you could either have 2 dishes with 4 connected to one and the 5th to a second,or if not all sky plus then like me I have 6 cables connected to my LNB, the sky plus in the lounge with 2 wires and 4 freeview sat boxes throughout the house which only need one cable each.
mmmm.... you said before you had 5 Way and to tell Sky they should bring a 5 Way (would love to be fly on the wall to that conversation lol). How do you connect 6 to your 5 Way LNB then? lol. Talking out of arse me thinks...

The octo lnb is 8 outputs so your 2 outputs short stidge.
do they really need recording to all 5 tv positions?
if they do need it you will require a quattro (not a quad) lnb with 4 cables to a multiswitch in the loft.
these usually have 5 inputs inc one for the aerial .
then split from the multi switch with your shotgun cable to your boxes

Reply to stick to house bashing !!!! in the FreeSat, Sky, VirginMedia Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net