Discuss Storage hearter bricks - help....? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

sythai

-
Arms
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with older worn out storage heaters, by changing the bricks would it be that much more beneficial ?

Got to look at a fair sized job this week where they want me to take a look at a few sample heaters to see if the bricks can be changed / or is it worth changing the whole unit :rolleyes2: They want a price for both options.

Unless the bricks have started to break up I really cant see the problem being with them.

Any thoughts please ?

Cheers Sy

ASBESTOS search asbestos storage heaters in the forum if I remember correctly someone put up a list of heaters known to contain the dreaded stuff
Asbestos aside there are some newer heaters where once heated there are insullation pads that dont like being removed and refitted ect as for replacing the bricks I doubt that would help much possibly test elements and remember that they will take a while to cool NOT just turn off outside may feel cool but bricks will be HOT

ASBESTOS search asbestos storage heaters in the forum if I remember correctly someone put up a list of heaters known to contain the dreaded stuff
Asbestos aside there are some newer heaters where once heated there are insullation pads that dont like being removed and refitted ect as for replacing the bricks I doubt that would help much possibly test elements and remember that they will take a while to cool NOT just turn off outside may feel cool but bricks will be HOT

Thank you - good advice there - will get searching

We use welding gauntlets to remove the bricks , it's amazing how long they can keep their heat for !
Another one to beware of is not to store them outside for a period before use , as they will become sodden and possibly have a fine layer of moss cover them . If you miss this when they are installed , then i can guarantee the resulting smell and haze as it burns off , will create you some customer satisfaction issues !!!:blush5:

Reply to Storage hearter bricks - help....? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net