Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

Discuss Storage hearter bricks - help....? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. sythai

sythai Electrician's Arms

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with older worn out storage heaters, by changing the bricks would it be that much more beneficial ?

Got to look at a fair sized job this week where they want me to take a look at a few sample heaters to see if the bricks can be changed / or is it worth changing the whole unit :rolleyes2: They want a price for both options.

Unless the bricks have started to break up I really cant see the problem being with them.

Any thoughts please ?

Cheers Sy

2. mogga

mogga Just me Electrician's Arms

ASBESTOS search asbestos storage heaters in the forum if I remember correctly someone put up a list of heaters known to contain the dreaded stuff
    Asbestos aside there are some newer heaters where once heated there are insullation pads that dont like being removed and refitted ect as for replacing the bricks I doubt that would help much possibly test elements and remember that they will take a while to cool NOT just turn off outside may feel cool but bricks will be HOT

3. sythai

sythai Electrician's Arms

Thank you - good advice there - will get searching

4. JD6400

JD6400 Trusted Advisor

We use welding gauntlets to remove the bricks , it's amazing how long they can keep their heat for !
    Another one to beware of is not to store them outside for a period before use , as they will become sodden and possibly have a fine layer of moss cover them . If you miss this when they are installed , then i can guarantee the resulting smell and haze as it burns off , will create you some customer satisfaction issues !!!:blush5: