Discuss Strange goings on............... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

LewisM

-
Esteemed
Reaction score
Two LED lights in my lounge that I installed a month are ago are dimming and brightening themselves for no apparent reason and its got me stumped big time :( I've added a video but it doesn't really show much.

It seems that when one is on it works fine but when you switch them both on they dim and brighten in apparent random patterns and I can't see why.

They're just on a standard two gang switch they are not dimmable anyway.

I've check and tested connections which are all sound no loose neutral etc, voltage is stable just cant see both the lights going faulty at the same time as the problem.

All other lighting which is all LED in the house is fine an unaffected o_O

Video

@LewisM ,

Can you take some pictures of the switch wiring and the wiring in each of the lights and post them here?

Are the lamps in the lights low voltage (12v) or are they all mains lamps?

Can't say I have ever looked at the instructions for a humble lamp! What would they say...... What brand are they Lewis, I'm intrigued.

Reply to Strange goings on............... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi All, Would be grateful for some advice. Would like to add an additional light (Undercabinet 8W LED Batten light) to a two-way light switch...
Replies
Views
Well this is a first.... a fault with Quinetic gear. Lighting circuit running up to loft, a box with 3 Quinetic dual receivers, and then...
Replies
Views
The G4 110V 3W dimmable bulbs I purchased work with a dimmer. I can brighten them and dim them, but when I turn the dimmer off, the LED bulbs...
Replies
Views
I really need help with this puzzler. First - I am moderately 'skilled' in day-to-day basic wiring. My puzzle: I am trying to replace a...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am trying to replace my halogen wall uplights (230W, 240V, R7S, 114mm) with LED but so far no luck. I've tried both of the below LEDs...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock